Chapter 41: Fool me twice

Yall like rain? I like rain.

————————————————————————

"Wake up bitch." Water sprouts into my face jolting me out of my sleepless gaze.
"You could at least have given me a chair. The floor is uncomfortable." I raise my eyebrow at him.
He offers me this confused look yet I could tell there was immense frustration in it.
"My bad Slavi. I thought you would care about my desire to not get scoliosis. Clearly I misjudged you." I roll my eyes wiping the water out my face.
My arms weren't bound to anything. His first mistake. Though my ankle had a steel chain clasped around it, securing me to the floor and these stupid four walls.

"Was there really a need to kidnap me?" I raise my eyebrow at him though inside I had been hoping that he did.
"You don't threaten me Tallia, I know that you couldn't kill me but during our little phone call, you heard something I can't take the risk to loose." He enlightens me.
His daughter. Except I'm not as foul as him to take my revenge out on a child. I wouldn't use someone's child as their weakness.
"Ah yes. You have a little demon. Don't worry I'm already acquainted with those." I shrug.

"You even sound like him." He scoffs.
"You seem to have an obsession with my father, are you sure this isn't deeper?" I screw my face.
"I have my reasons though I wouldn't expect a Sylveste to understand them." He stands from his chair ready to exit but I stop him.
"If you're going to kill me i at least deserve an explanation."
He turns back around with an illicit smirk on his face. "My answers won't be what you want to hear."
"I didn't even want to fucking hear your voice yet here we are." I fold my arms.

He sits himself back in the chair just staring at me and I felt increasingly more uncomfortable the longer I was under his gaze for.
"Your father wasn't the person you think he was." He enlightens me.
"If you think that I see my father as some innocent...good person then you are wrong. I know of his evil and I know there was nothing good about him but I want to know what anyone does to deserve death." I almost demanded.
"Hey, I'm just the killer I don't judge who deserves to be my next slaughter." He shrugs so casually.

"So what? Someone hired you." I attempt to gain more answers.
"No, not really. I had my own reasons for wanting him dead let's just say the death wasn't entirely me."
"Yeah I don't speaks fucking gibberish so if you would like to give me something that actually makes sense, I'd really appreciate that Slavi, yeah." I sigh aggravated.
He laughs, "I pulled the trigger but I'm not the reason he's dead."
"Then who is?" My words become spiteful.
He doesn't speak, "like I said love. Look closer to home though I don't see the purpose in that since you'll be dead in the next 12 hours."

"Really? How fucking tragic." I roll my eyes.
"You know, you really should have invested in some therapy sometime in your morbid life." He enlightens me.
"I have a therapist, she's 2ft, gives me evils and strangles her toys in her sleep." I retaliate.
I miss that peasant.

"I don't see why you can't just tell me? Unless you think I'll be around for longer than you're anticipating." I smirk.
"Don't be stupid." He chuckles, "Even I've come to know that nothing is ever really a secret. Were I to reveal my accomplices name it would fuck me over some time in my life."
"That's all I'll be needing from you Slavi. You can fuck off back to your man cave with your peasants thank you." I wave him off.

He takes something out of his pocket and places it on a slim table in front of me. "I'm not all heartless Sylveste. Your father was writing this before he died. Take it, read it, burn it...die with it. I don't know." He shrugs before walking out to leave me here. Alone.
It was a quick conversation yet my peace wasn't with him and I had hoped he'd leave me alone.
The door beeps continuously when it closes and now I truly was confined and bound to the place which could be my last yet I'm stupid enough to believe that I couldn't possibly die here.
I can't. It doesn't feel like the end. Not yet.