Chapter 49: Hold me back

Happy New Year.
I hope you all get your wattpad moments this year. <3

————————————————————————

Marcello's POV:

"Do you want a drink?" I ask Sierra who sits on the couch opposite me as I enter the room.
"No I'm detoxing, not by choice. Tallia's forcing me to." She shrugs and I chuckle under my breath at the thought of that.
"Speaking of Tallia, where is she? I haven't heard from her recently."
My mouth opens but I shut it again because what am I supposed to say other than curse her out for loosing my cat.
"She's had it rough recently. I'm not justifying her actions for loosing Cat BUT she did almost die so-." Sierra cuts me off.
"What do you mean almost die?" She panics.
Fuck. I wasn't supposed to say that.

"Here. Take a drink." I nervously chuckle handing over my glass of tequila. It's all I seem to drink nowadays.
"You have a nice place." She eyes the apartment. Yes I know that, she didn't need to tell me.
"Yeah I brought it recently, I couldn't really be in that house right now." I explain, too much words leaving my mouth.
"You flew me out quickly, I assumed it was something big, I mean we hadn't really talked since you guys left. I assumed we all just moved on."She shrugs.
"It's hard to talk or...just say words nowadays but I'm sorry." I offer a sincere smile.
I was sorry, of course I was but recently I've had bigger things on my mind.

"Alright," she puts the glass on the table in front of her, "Tell me everything or at least something. I'm not here for no reason Mar."
I sigh, searching for the words beyond the current in my brain that will make sense of a situation that I still don't understand.
I wasn't exactly sure why I had asked Sierra to come, I guess I just needed someone who had no relation to Damien. I needed someone for myself, I guess I needed her.

...

"Brothers? Wow, that's intense." She leans back slightly, "I mean, I sort of see a resemblance now." Her finger moves in the air as she analyses my face.
Yes me too. I can't look in the mirror without seeing Damien written all over my fucking face.
"Why is it so bad Mar? Does it hurt you that much?" She questions.
"You won't understand. No one seems to understand why it hurts except for Damien which is really fucking ironic." I groan, palming my forehead.
"You know this will be my first New Years without Damien by my side." I mutter.
"I'm not really a fan of gatherings or holidays but New Years was a reminder that I had people who let the world spin and slowed it down when I'd span out of my own axis."

"I get it." She nods sympathetically.
"Stop trying to be relatable." I roll my eyes.
"Fuck you." She flicks me off and I smile. I missed Sierra or at least having someone who was a little like me, obviously not as great but it's hard to find a person better than me.
"So why aren't you home for the holidays?" I raise my eyebrow at her and she just laughs, confusing me.
"Christmas and New Years with my judgemental, rich, snobby family is not my idea of happy holidays." She enlightens me, "I rarely do see them and it's my own choice that I made happily."
Touché.

I very rarely sit in silence, I've always been a person to avoid the absence of noise mainly because I don't like thinking. When things are quiet, thoughts are the loudest and I guess that's why I always talk. It's a good trait to have, one that I am happy to have adopted.
But the silence was nice with her, I liked how we didn't always need words, it was never like that with anyone else. Her silence was like a wave instead of a tornado that the quiet always brought me.
I felt comfort for the first time in a long time.

"Alright enough about fucked up families. I want to see Italy, you need to show me around." She smiles standing up and I just raise my eyebrow at her.
"It's really nothing special, you want to play tourist?"
"Yes Marcello. Yes I do. Come on." She grabs my hand pulling me up and I can't help but smile because I was actually, sort of interested in this girl and the thoughts she had in her head. And I'd play fucking tourist if it allowed me to understand her a little better.