Chapter 42: violent ends

Previously on the rules to redemption:
-Marcello looses cat
-Tallia gets kidnapped
-Milo becomes therapist

————————————————————————

6 hours

"Nice." I nervously chuckle at the fact that I'm about to reach death in the worst of ways.
My perception of Slavi should have been nothing more than an understatement. To believe that he would think that I would willingly go to him and let myself get kidnapped was utterly stupid on my behalf.
I just wanted answers. I just wanted the truth. I'd have let myself get killed for the truth because my entire existence has been based on the lies of everyone who claims to love me.
Hell, I even lie to myself. I don't know what to believe anymore. My own thoughts deceive me.

My eyes have invaded the entire room a multitude of times. My presence has stepped on each wooden panel of the floor that I wasn't restricted from yet there was nothing. No safety and nothing to save me.
I was completely trapped and the door wasn't an option. It was metal almost like a large safe. It appeared to be electronic as well as requiring some man power to be shifted open.
None of which I have the knowledge or ability to carry out.
Here I was thinking I had no flaws.
I don't have flaws? I'm flawless.
Shut up Tallia, this is why you're about to die.

I read the letter again and again until I no longer needed to see the words to know what came next. Not because I cared about my fathers words although not that I don't. He means something to me, I'm just not quite sure what.
Though I needed something to make me forget of reality and his words were the closest to a book I could get my hands on.

We are all acquainted with that feeling where for the smallest of moments you forget about whatever is drowning you? I wanted that. I wanted to be less than acutely aware of all that was ahead of me, all that I should be afraid of.
For a second I didn't care about Slavi or my father or Malachai, Damien, Marcello, Cebrian.
For a second I just cared about me.
I just cared about all that I had done wrong and all I was incapable of correcting.

If today was my end day then the only thing I should do is live in regrets. I waited too long to love him. We had all of those days, weeks and months. Every time he touched me or kissed me or grasped me with his soul was another moment that I let go of because I didn't believe that I could love him when really I already did.
I had loved him since the night my father died, where he came to my apartment and we...we...well we had sex but that's besides the point.

People don't tend to think about death, mainly because we believe that it will never reach us. Well, it does. And it hurts like a bitch the closer it gets to you.
And all your life does is crumble beneath your eyes, the little things don't matter nor do the big things, nothing really matters but I seemed to care about him.
Nothing mattered but he was there, mattering if he could.
I was wholeheartedly terrified not of my end but of ours. How could I leave him to this world alone? Life was never good to us but I always thought that we'd have each other...eternity on end.

Damien's POV:

"I'm coming with you." Marcello demands.
"No you're not." I warn him.
If he comes, I'm afraid he'll figure out the truth. That I'm his brother.
That building is instilled into my deepest memories and my gut tells me that somehow, it's in his too. If he comes, something will go wrong. I know it.
I've lost Tallia, I can't loose my brother too.

"Damien stop being an ass. I'm coming, we don't let each other go into fights alone. You need me, I'm well...better than you in all aspects." He compliments himself for the hundredth time today.
"Marcello I said no." I sigh profoundly.
"Damien. Shut up." He pats me on the shoulder as he walks into the car.
"Get in."