Chapter fifteen

I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. 

That's what I kept telling myself over the next two weeks. I hate him, I had to. I couldn't love this person. And hating him would make this a lot easier. 

Tonight was the night the big plan would be set into action. The night I got my freedom. The night I escaped. 

I walked into my room and opened a chest. From it, I pulled out three fire resistance potions that I had perfected the night before, each of them enough to last me 8 minutes. That's 24 minutes in total for me to escape. I grimaced. I would be running on a very tight schedule. I also pulled out a flint and steel from the chest and for a moment, my hands hovered over my diamond ax, the one that he gave me. I smiled as I remembered the trouble we went through to get those diamonds. Not that diamonds were hard to get, but because we spent so much time laughing and joking with each other. We only ended up getting 3 diamonds and he crafted it into an ax for me. He said that most couples buy each other expensive gifts to declare their love for each other but their expensive gifts weren't made for love, they were made for money. He told me that the ax that I was holding in my hands were made for love. He told me he loved me. And I had kissed him for the first time, small glowing embers from the lava hopping around behind us. 

I picked up the ax as well. I told myself that it was for protection, but I knew deep down that that wasn't the main reason. I couldn't leave it behind. It meant too much to me. 

I walked out of my room, all my things in the bag that was slung over my shoulder, and made my way into his room. I saw him rushing around, his long red cloak flying out behind him. 

"Woah, slow down." I said. "We have plenty of time." He looked at me. 

"Are you ready?" I nodded. He sighs and gives me his cloak. "It's gonna be cold outside." 

I cursed the butterflies in my stomach. He was making everything so godamn hard. 

After a while, we were finally ready to leave. As the door opened, a blast of cold air immediately hit my face and I wrapped the cloak more tightly around me. We trudged through the snow, leaving our lonely house behind and a part of me felt upset, knowing that that was the last time I would see it. 

*******************************************************

Hey, it's the author here! I know that this is a very short chapter but I just needed a filler chapter otherwise the routine just gets a little repetitive. Anyways, thanks you all so much for 1k reads! Honestly, I did not expect for this story to do so well when I first wrote it.

You are all very pogchamp :)