Chapter Twenty Five

Me and Tommy stood - well, I stood while Tommy leaned on me slightly for support as he wasn't properly healed yet - opposite Dream outside L'manburg. Dream folded his arms, leaning onto a nearby tree as he spoke to us. 

"Why did you request to meet me here?" Dream asked, not looking in my direction. Tommy struggled to place down an enderchest so I ended up doing it for him. I knew that Dream wanted to laugh at our stupidity. 

"I understand that we are still at war." Tommy said, trying hard to sound mature like Wilbur normally does. "And I understand that we are to return Y/n to you." He opened the chest and, with shaking hands, pulled out a green disc. Cat. He continued. "However, I have a proposal for you."

"Oh?" Was all that Dream said, but I could tell that he was interested. He had been fighting for these discs for a long time. 

"I will give you Cat in return for Y/n's freedom." Tommy said. 

"And L'manburg's independence." I added. I felt Tommy look at me in confusion. We didn't plan it, but I had just snuck it into the deal.

Dream stayed silent for a bit. He finally spoke. 

"Cat will pay for Y/n's freedom, but for your independence, I'm going to need a bit more." 

"What else do you want?" I asked, frustrated. Dream finally looked at me, and I knew that it hurt him to. 

"I want Mellohi too." I saw Tommy breathe in, trying to stop himself from shouting at Dream. 

"Tommy." I said softly. "We can discuss this. We don't have to make the deal now." I knew how much those discs meant to him. He would tell me stories of how those discs came into his possession.

"Yes, we have to make the deal now." Dream said, taunting us. I glared at him. I knew that he was just doing this to annoy us. To annoy me. "This is your only opportunity. And I'm not exactly going to be patient with you."

"Ok." Tommy said, finally, after a long while of silence. He opened the enderchest once more and took out a purple disc. "If I give you both Cat and Mellohi, you will let Y/n go and you will also grant L'manburg their independence."

Dream nodded. "I agree to those terms."

Tommy held out both of the discs to Dream. "Well, then hopefully, this is the last time we speak to each other." 

Dream took the discs and placed it in his enderchest. "Pleasure doing business with you both." He then walked off, but not without turning back round to steal a quick glance at me. I looked at him with blank eyes and then I blinked and he had disappeared, purple particles in his place. I looked at Tommy, who looked torn between sad and happy. I put a hand on his shoulder.

"Wilbur will definitely have something to say about this." I said, unable to help the smile that crept it's way onto my face. 

*******************************************************

Wilbur's face lights up, which I haven't seen it do in ages when we told him the news. He sympathized with Tommy for a bit, as we all knew what it had cost him for our independence and my freedom. We decided to write a new Decree of Independence.

"As we gaze upon the swaths of redwood trees," Wilbur said, writing down every single word that he was saying in a book. I watched at the quill, gliding across the page, leaving ink trails behind, creating words. "The great hills to our south and the walls that have protected for years. I, as now President of L'manburg, hereby state." He took a deep breath before writing down the next sentence. 

"YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SUCK IT GREEN BOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY" We all stared at him in surprise before bursting out into laughter. When our giggles finally died down, Wilbur cleared his throat before carrying on. 

"Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Freedom." He said. 

"Amen." Me and Tommy automatically said, in sync. We grinned at each other. Wilbur made each of us sign the Decree of Independence, the book being passed around the circle, reaching me last. I looked at the short list of names already written on the page. 

The Decree of Independance 

Signed:

Wilbur Soot               

Tommy Innit 

Tubbo _ 

 Fundy Soot 

I smile at the page, looking at the small nation that we had fought so hard for. I tried to stop my hand from shaking as I didn't want to make the ink to blotch and make the page messy as I wrote my name on the last line. I knew that my handwriting was the messiest anyways, compared to everyone else's copperplate. Well, maybe except Tommy and his childish scrawl. I smiled as I looked at the now complete list. At the bottom, in a scribble that resembled my handwriting, was my name. 

Y/n Jacobs