Chapter Thirty Three

My head shot up, bumping into Dream's as a sudden jolt of thunder woke me up. I pulled away from him, rubbing my head as everyone else looked at me. 

"Am I seriously the only one who fell asleep?" I said, seeing as everyone else was still sitting upright in their original positions. The whole group nodded. 

"It's okay, you didn't miss anything." Karl said softly. "Everything I told them, you already knew. Besides, time travel can be quite draining." 

"How come you stayed awake?" I yawned half way through my sentence. Karl shrugged, causing Sapnap's head to bounce a little, since it was resting on his shoulder. 

"I guess I got used to it." 

I glanced outside the window and then jumped up from the couch. 

"Shit, we need to get back before Wilbur finds out we're missing." I gestured for Karl to get up. "Karl, come on. We have to hurry." 

"Are you not allowed to be here?" George asked, raising an eyebrow. 

"We're not allowed to be anywhere outside L'manburg past curfew. For our own safety." To my left, I heard Dream scoff. 

"Wilbur still thinks I'm a threat to you, doesn't he?" He said, sneering a little. 

I rolled my eyes. "Don't flatter yourself. It's nothing to be proud of."  

"Hey, it's raining pretty hard outside, and you heard the thunder. I'm sure Wilbur would understand if you spent just one night away from L'manburg." Sapnap said. "Besides, Wilbur probably won't notice anyways. Does he go to every single household in L'manburg to check if everyone's in bed by lights out?" Sapnap joked. I laughed slightly. 

"No, but Tommy and Tubbo definitely will. And Tommy won't exactly be happy knowing that I spent the night here and will probably go blabbing to Wilbur." 

"Then tell him the truth." Dream spoke up. "You took Karl here to see Sapnap and you stayed too late and the storm kicked off. I'll deliver you back first thing tomorrow morning if you really want me to." 

I gave him a look. "I would much rather if we walked back by ourselves, thanks for the offer though." 

"Please Y/n?" Karl whined. "Can we just stay here? It's only for one night."

I shook my head. "No. I can't have Tommy making up rumors that I spent the night's with Dre-" I stopped myself just in time. I faked a cough to hide my mistake but Dream raised an eyebrow at me.

"You were saying?" Dream pressed on when it became evident that I was not going to finish my sentence. 

"I'm saying that we have to leave now, before Tommy and Tubbo notice that we're gone. Karl, come on." 

Karl stayed put in his seat on the couch. "No." 

I groaned. "Please don't make this difficult. We can come back tomorrow."

"Technically, I'm the one that should be giving you orders since, please correct me if I'm wrong, but the last time I checked, I'm the older brother, not you." 

I sighed in disbelief. "You haven't even been here five minutes." 

"I'm not gonna take orders from my baby sister." Karl grinned. 

"I'm nineteen!" I protested. 

"Yeah, Y/n, the adults told you to stay here so you should respect your elders." Sapnap said, joining in. 

"You don't know what's the best for you, you're still a child." George piped up. 

"Yeah, you should go to sleep now." Dream said, smirking. "Isn't it past your bedtime?"