Chapter Fifty One

"We need to know what she knows." 

"Technoblade, we can't just wake up her up to interrogate her. Can't you tell she's been through enough?" 

"I agree with Dream. Quackity said he found Schlatt locked in a cell with blood all over his face. It's clear that Schlatt took her and-" 

I groaned as the voices irritated me more and more by the second. There was a throbbing pain in my face and all my senses seemed to be heightened and I seemed to be more sensitive to my surroundings. The loud whispers felt like screams and the pins and needles in my leg felt like daggers. I opened my eyes to see Technoblade standing there with his arms crossed on the other side of the room and Karl next to me, holding my hand. Pressed against my body, I could feel Dream's chest rise steadily as he breathed. I blinked, eyes adjusting to the dim light of the poorly lit room. I was lying on Dream, who was sat with his back against the wall, acting as my cushioning for the hard, cold floor that Karl was kneeling on next to us.  As soon as I had adjusted to my surroundings and situation, I jumped up, wrapping my arms around Karl's neck. 

"Karl!" I whispered happily. I wanted to shout out in delight but my voice felt weak, just like the rest of my body. Karl hugged me back, his hand pressing down on a bruise on my back without him knowing and I tensed. Karl quickly realized his mistake and pulled away. 

"I heard about what happened." He said. His voice was soft but his eyes were full of hatred. I sank back into Dream's embrace as I was reminded of what happed the night before. Dream noticed the change in my mood and wrapped his arms around me, putting his hand on mine and gently placing a soft kiss on my forehead. He was hardly doing anything but I melted under his care. 

"Are you okay?" He asked, whispering it softly in my ear, his hot breath on my neck causing pink to tinge my cheeks. 

"Just about." I whispered back. Who was I kidding? Of course I wasn't. 

"What happened?" Techno said, speaking for the first time. Unlike the others, his voice showed no care, just determination and anger. 

I looked at him and when I spoke, my voice was just barely a whisper. "What do you think happened, Techno?" 

His hard gaze softened at once after hearing the fragility in my voice. He didn't answer because he didn't know how to act sympathetic towards me. Instead, he began to ask me questions. 

"What did Schlatt want?" He asked, his voice harsh again. 

"Technoblade." Karl said in a warning tone. He glanced at me as if I was going to break any second. 

"No, it's fine." I said, reassuring Karl. I turned to Technoblade. "He wanted to know where we were hiding but I didn't tell him anything." I said. My face darkened suddenly. "But there has been rumors that Technoblade is in the SMP. Schlatt knows that you're on our side." I told them. Techno just nodded and Karl stared at the floor. And, although I couldn't read Dream's expressions, I knew that he wasn't happy about it either ; we had just lost the element of surprise. 

"Where's everyone else?" I asked suddenly, craning my head to see the door, as if they were just going to walk in right that moment. 

"They're busy right now." Dream said. "Tommy and Wilbur's mining down in the ravine and Tubbo and Quackity are back in Manburg." He said. "Quackity came back a few hours ago after he found Schlatt somehow locked in a cell with a broken nose. Schlatt refused to tell Quackity what happened and avoided the question when he asked again. Although," He locked his fingers in mine. "I'm guessing you had something to do with it?" 

"It was what he deserved. He should be grateful that all he got was a broken nose." I said, smiling at how he was too embarrassed to tell Quackity that he had gotten his ass kicked. I smiled, suddenly remembering something.