Chapter Thirty Six

"Where the fuck-" Tommy said, panting, out of breath since he ran towards us. He noticed Karl standing behind me. He frowned. 

"Y/n? Who's that?" He asked, pointing a finger at Karl. I hit his hand. 

"Don't point at my brother like that." I said as he muttered curses under his breath. He stopped suddenly and looked up, his eyes continuously darting from me to Karl. We just stood there, waiting for him to say something. 

"You..." He said, clearly struggling to get the words out, which was unusual for him. "You have a brother?" He managed to croak. 

"Yeah, his name is Karl." Karl said, grinning nervously. I smiled to myself, knowing that he had not changed over the years ; he had always been socially awkward and shy when it comes to meeting new people. 

"Oh, and, before I forget to mention, he's also a time traveler who died once and got his soul stuck in a book. Oh, and did you know, he's also engaged to Sapnap? But, it's no biggie." I said casually. Tommy just stood there, not moving. I frowned and waved a hand in front of him. He didn't even blink. 

"I think you broke him, Y/n." Karl said from behind me. I sighed. 

"I guess his undeveloped child brain just couldn't handle it." I shrugged. "What a shame. I was going to tell him about my adventure as Lady Katherine, the rich widow who got stuck in a mansion with some crazy billionaire who kept an egg with mind control powers in his basement, which made everyone kill each other."

Tommy's head snapped in my direction. "What? No, tell me!" He said, a whiny tone in his voice. I smiled. 

"I think we should go find Wilbur first." I said.

"Oh yeah, he's been shitting himself about you since last night. He thought you got yourself killed or something." Tommy said. 

"Do I really look that dumb?" I scoffed.

"Yes." Tommy answered without hesitation. I heard Karl stifle a laugh from behind me and I rolled my eyes.  

"Where's Wilbur then?" I asked. Tommy shrugged. 

"I'm pretty sure he's with Niki right now." Tommy answered. 

We all made our way to Niki's bakery, Karl being interrogated by Tommy the whole way. He questioned him about the whole time travel thing and then asked him whether I was an annoying child. Karl happily confirmed it. 

In the time of a few minutes, Tommy and Karl were acting like best friends, as if they had known each other their whole lives. They both took great pleasure in pissing me off and they were both disappointed when I decided to ignore them for the rest of the journey there. 

By the time we reached the bakery in the middle of town, it was already middy, seeing as Tommy took it upon himself to show Karl around L'manburg, leading us off course uncountable times. There was hardly anyone in the bakery, just a man in a suit sitting in the corner of the bakery, eating a cupcake. The bell rang as it usually did when we entered and Niki cane out from the back room, to the counter. Her face showed a clear look of relief when she saw me. 

"Wil! She's here, it's fine!" She called. A few seconds later, Wilbur rushed out from behind the counter and embraced me tightly. I just stood there, not knowing what to do. 

"Wil...Wil, I can't breathe." I wheezed, his hold on me too tight to be comfortable. He pulled away and smiled sheepishly at me. 

"Sorry, I was just worried." He said. His face fell. "Where were you?" He frowned and looked at Karl, as if noticing for the first time. "And who's that?"