Chapter Seventy

I returned back to Pogtopia after returning Eret's jacket back to him. I snuggled the object into the ravine without anyone knowing and put it my chest. I knew that I needed to find a better hiding place but, for now, the chest will do. 

I woke up the following morning and found Niki's bed empty one again, meaning that it had to be at least 11. Walking over to my chest, I opened it, relieved to find that no one had taken anything. I closed the it, just as I heard footsteps behind me, making me jump. 

"Jesus Christ." I said, turning around, relieved to see that it was only Karl. Part of me was terrified that it was Dream. "You almost gave me a heart attack!" I turned back round and locked my chest. 

Karl only shrugged. "Thought you would be happy to see me." He said, pouting. I sighed and then walked over to him and hugged him. 

"Of course I'm happy to see you." I murmured. "Just really stressed lately."

"Do you want to talk about it?" Karl murmured back. I pulled away, shaking my head. 

"Not really." I folded my arms. I turned to the side, looking at the 'Home sweet Home' sign Niki had made to brighten this place up a bit. 

"Well, how are you settling back into Pogtopia?" Karl asked. I shrugged. 

"It's been alright. Although most of the time I avoid them." I admitted. I walked away from him and started to make my bed. As I bent down to move the pillow out of the way, I heard Karl gasp. 

"Y/n Y/m/n Jacobs." Karl said, his voice stern. I knew that I was in serious trouble when I heard him say my full name. "What in the Holy Honk is that on your neck?"

I froze, trying to cover up the obvious hickey on my neck from the night before. I stood up straight, looking at Karl. He just stared back, waiting for an answer and neither of us said anything for a while.

"Oh come on!" I said finally, giving in, throwing my hands by my side. "Don't act like you don't do the exact same thing with Sapnap!" 

"That isn't the same!" Karl exclaimed. "We're older than you and, besides, it's weird because you're my sister and Dream's my best friend!"

"Sapnap is literally the same age as me!" I said. "And it's not any less strange for me as it is for you. You're my brother and Sapnap is my best friend."

Karl still wore a strange look on his face. "You're 19."

"20 soon." I corrected him. "Which is the same age as Sapnap, may I add."

Karl frowned. "That doesn't make it any less weird, okay? You're my sister and he's my best friend!"

"What and you have a problem with it?" I started to grow irritated. Karl threw his hands to his side and scoffed lightly. 

"As a matter of fact, I do. Dream's my friend but he's not a good person. Look at how unhappy you've become by trying to stay with him!" 

"Oh my god!" I laughed stiffly and threw my hands into my hair. "I'm only unhappy because of you and everyone else, thinking that you get to have a say on my love life!" I said angrily. "And you know what Karl? You're being selfish!"

Karl raised an eyebrow. He folded his arms and looked at me. "I'm selfish? Really."

"Yes! You are being so fucking selfish!" I said, looking at him. "I don't have a problem with you and Sapnap being together, do I? And even if I did, I wouldn't say anything about it! And I don't care if you're older than me or if you're my brother and only want what's best for me! You were gone 9 years, and they were the hardest 9 years of my life!"