Chapter Forty Four

"Technoblade." I said, not lowering my ax. I hadn't said the name of my ex-lover out loud in years and the name suddenly seemed unfamiliar to me. "What are you doing here?" 

"I could ask you the same question." He said, still walking towards me. I backed up. "After all, you are suppose to be dead." 

"Don't come any closer." I said, my voice wavering a little. I hadn't planned for this to happen when I made my escape plan and I knew that he was probably furious. And nothing good happens to those around him when he's mad. He just laughed. 

"Or what?" He said in his same monotone voice that he had back then. "You're going to fight me? I taught you everything you knew, I know every one of your tricks, Y/n. And you can put the weapon down, I'm not going to hurt you." he added. I didn't lower my ax and he sighed. 

"Are you really that scared of me?" He said. He unsheathed his sword from his belt from underneath the cloak and threw it on the floor, leaving him unprotected. He gestured for me to do the same. I lowered my ax, but didn't drop it. He shrugged, deciding that it was good enough for him.

"So," He said, sitting down on a rock. "How have you been?" 

I glared at him. "Why are you here?"

Technoblade shrugged, his red eyes looking at me. "I guess you can say, some sort of family reunion." 

I dropped the whole cautious act at once without realizing. "Wait, what? Family reunion?" He nodded, bored. 

"My dearest brothers need my to help them take down this tyrant that seemed to have exiled them from their country." He said yawning. "What about you? Why are you here?" 

"I happen to have been exiled from my country by the tyrant too." I said, still in shock. "Wait, both Tommy and Wilbur are your brothers?" 

"Wilbur's my twin and Tommy's adopted." He said, shrugging again as if it wasn't a big deal. 

"They never told me that they were related." I said, mostly to myself. "I can't believe it." I laughed out loud. "I can't fucking believe it! I left you, looking for a new start and ended up moving into a country run by your fucking twin brother!" The world really did have a sick sense of humor. 

"Wait, you two have met before?" 

Both me and Technoblade held up our weapons, Techno having to retrieve his sword from the floor. We lowered them when we saw that it was just Wilbur and Tommy and I let out a sigh of relief. They were safe. It was Tommy that spoke out, his face showing clear curiosity. I looked at Technoblade, unsure of what to say, but he seemed to have his own way of thinking.

"Yeah, we go way back. Until she decided to leave me by burning down a whole village to fake her own death to get away from me." He said, just throwing it onto them. I folded my arms. 

"Yeah, no big deal." I said, sarcastically. Wilbur frowned, taking it all in.

"You guys used to know each other? " Wilbur questioned. 

"Well, he was... an acquaintance." I said, slowly.

"I would say I was a bit more than an acquaintance ." Technoblade said, smirking underneath his pig mask. Both Tommy and Wilbur looked at us blankly for a few seconds and then realization dawned on them both. 

"Oh my god-" Wilbur said, his eyes widening.

"That is disgusting."  Tommy said, disgusted.

Wilbur looked interested whilst Tommy looked like he had just seen a dead rat. Technoblade shrugged again in a manner that suggested we were talking about everyday topics, like the weather.