Khoobsoorat (2)

Tu ishq ke saare rang de gaya
Phir kheench ke apne sang le gaya
Kahin pe kho jaaye chal
Jahaan ye ruk jaaye pal
Kabhi naa phir aaye kal..

__________________

(Dialogues in italic are their mind voices)

"Dani chalo beta, Moin bhai aa gaye hai"

Hearing her mothers's voice, Daneen's nervousness increased. She stood up from the bed and came in front of the mirror. Giving herself a glance, a small smile appeared on her face, but very next moment, the smile disappeared and was replaced by a frown.

"Kitna pyaara dress hai, par ise pehenkar maine is dress ki khoobsoorati kam kar di hai" she sadly thought.

Seeing her lost in her thoughts and the changing expressions on her face, her mother came near her. Cupping her cheeks, she placed a kiss on her forehead,

"Dani meri jaan tum bohot khoobsoorat ho. Bas apne rang ko dekh kar tum apni khoobsoorati par sawaal na uthao. Aur yaad rakho shona, asli khoobsoorati insaan ke dil me hoti hai, uske rang roop me nahi" her mother explained her for the nth time.

"Ammi yeh sab toh kehne ki baate hoti hai bas. Aaj kal ki duniya me bas bahari khoobsoorati maayne rakhti hai. Aur jo rang mera hai, is rang ke saath toh duniya ne naa mujhe kabhi apnaya hai aur naa hi kabhi apnaayegi"

*****************

Sitting on the sofa, Aahil's gaze was fixed on the door of the room where Daneen's mother had went to call Daneen. It was almost half an hour since Aahil and his family arrived. After exchanging few greetings and talking for a while, Daneen's mother, Zoya begum had finally gone to bring Daneen.

Even though Aahil was least interested in this proposal, his heart beats had increased ever since he stepped in this house. There was a weird excitement in his heart to see her. And Aahil was not understanding the state of his heart.

His gaze once again went in that particular door, and that was it for him. It was as if the time stopped for him, the surroundings long forgotton.

Daneen along with her mother stepped out of the room. And with every step she took, her fear, nervousness and insecurities were increasing. She just kept on waling with her mother with her eyes lowered. She could feel many eyes on her, but one particular gaze was bothering her heart.

She raised her eyes and her gaze collided with Aahil's.

Aahil just kept on looking Daneen as she took every step coming near him. And the moment Daneen raised her eyes, and their eyes met,, he lost his heart.

He drowned in the depth of her eyes, and unknowningly a smile appeared on his lips.

Seeing the intensity in Aahil's eyes, Daneen felt shy and lowered her gaze. Realising there were also other people in the room, she turned red in embarrassment.

Seeing their small eye exchange, their parents smiled.

"Assalamualaikum Dani. Kaisi ho beta?" Moin asked her. Hearing his Dad's voice, Aahil came back to reality. He realised what he was doing and internally scolded himself.

"Waalaikumassalam"

"Haaye jitni pyaari dikhti hai utni pyaari awaaz hai yaar iski... Ek second, Allah miya me yeh kya bol rah hu. Me toh is rishte ko mana karne wala hu. Haa bas, Aahil focus, tujhe abhi koi shaadi waadi nahi karni" he scolded himself in his mind and looked at Daneen who was now talking to his Mum.

"Par dad konsa aaj ke aaj shaadi karwa rahe hai... Nahi Aahil pagal ho gaya hai kya. Uski taraf dekh hi mat tu"

After talking for some time, the elders sent both of them to talk alone. They both went in the garden. Sitting on the chairs placed there, no one spoke.

Aahil just kept looking at her with a smile on his face, and Daneen sat with eyes lowered playing with her fingers, his eyes were making her nervous.

"Umm... hi" finally deciding to break the silence, Aahil said to which Daneen looked up and answered him back.

"Soo.. kya karti ho tum?"

"Jee me woh... me teacher hu."

"Oh nice"

Daneen gave him a small smile making his heart go crazy. They kept talking for few more minutes and in these few minutes Aahil had made his decision.

_________________