Khoobsoorat (5)

Tum haso toh din nikle chup raho toh raate hai

Kis ka ghum kaha ka ghum sab fuzool baate hai...

(~unknown)

______________________

As the days were passing, Daneen and Aahil were getting closer. Their phone calls increased, they used to text each other all day long, and at night their phone calls didn't end until one of them slept.

It was a month since their engagement, and they had not met after that day. And Aahil was desperate to see her. In this one month of knowing her over the phone, he had completely fallen in love with her. He was so happy that Daneen is his life partner. He got to know many things about her, but there was one thing which he was still confused about. Whenever he used to praise her physical appearance, she gets tensed rather than being happy like other girls and that confused him. He was still not aware about her insecurities.

On the other hand even Daneen had started loving him. Everytime she discovered something new about Aahil, she used to be in awe. In this one month she had understood that Aahil didn't care about looks much and maybe that's the reason he has no problem with her dark skin tone. But her insecurities never let her stay in peace, the thought of society judging her and Aahil's appearance as a couple always increased her anxiety. Whenever Aahil praised her, she gets anxious thinking he is saying that only to make her feel better like her parents.

Little did she know that for Aahil, she was the most khoobsoorat woman.

********

After making sure that every student had left, Daneen picked her bag and came out of the school building. She was going towards her car when her gaze fell on another car, it was not the car that caught her attention, it was the figure leaning on it.

A huge smile graced her lips when she saw Aahil standing there, she immediately went to him and stood in front of him but he was busy in his phone so didn't see her.

"Ahem ahem..." she faked cough to catch his attention. Aahil raised his eyes and grinned seeing Daneen.

"Aap yaha kya kar rahe hai?"

"Itne dino se tumse milne ka dil kar raha tha, isliye aa gaya." He said winking at her to which she blushed lowering her gaze. He smiled looking at her.

"Acha ab chale?"

"kaha?" Daneen looked at him with a questioning gaze.

"Date par" He said grinning to which Daneen's eyes widened.

"Date par?"

"Jee date par. Tum aaogi na mere saath?" He asked pouting to which Daneen just giggled and nodded her head in a yes.

"Toh chale" Aahil forwarded his hand, and without wasting a second she kept her hand on his. Aahil moved towards his car and opened the door for her. Daneen was about to sit when she stopped and looked at Aahil,

"Kya hua?"

"Me aise chalu aapke saath. Hum pehle ghar chale, me change kar lugi aur phir hum jaaye?" she said pointing at her simple black abaya.

"tum aisi hi bohot pyaari lag rahi ho. Aur waise bhi abhi ghar gaye toh aate aate bohot late ho jayega aur uncle ne tumhe jaldi drop karne kaha hai" he said making her sit in the car and he sat in the driver's seat.

"Aap papa ko call karke aaye hai?"

"hmm"

Daneen just smiled looking at him. She kept looking at him as he drove the car, how his eyes were focused on the road, how he frowned when they would get stuck in the traffic, how his one hand was placed on the window. Daneen smiled on realising how beautiful this man is, from inside as well as outside. And the very next moment her smile was gone, her insecurities were back. She glanced at her outfit and looked at her face in the side mirror,

"What a mismatch we both are! "

Aahil who was noticing her all this time got confused on her sudden change in expressions. His heart was jumping when he realised Daneen's gaze is stuck on him, but then what happened all of a sudden. Anyhow he let it go taking it to be his overthinking.

************************