Aashnaa (6)

Aur saamne baithe muskuraate tum,

Aise lage maano "sukoon" mehaz koi shabd na raha;

Sukoon se rubaroo bhi mulaakaat hua karti hai...

(~Krishna Singh)

_____________

The next morning, Ayaan was getting ready for office when Aayat came to him.

"Next week Bilal Bhai ke liye ladki dekhne jaana hai, Amma ji chahti hai hum dono bhi jaaye unke saath. Aap free rehna, theek hai?"

On hearing her words, Ayaan frowned a little but then took Aayat's hand and took her to the balcony. He scratched the back of his neck and looked at Aayat with a sheepish face. Aayat raised her brows in question.

"Woh Aayat, actually me tumhe kal hi batana chaah raha tha par kal tum already upset thi isliye Nahi bataya."

"Kya nahi bataya?" Aayat asked in a worried voice.

"Darasal mujhe 2 din baad Dubai jaana hai office ke kaam se"

Aayat's face fell hearing his words.

"Wapas kab aaoge?"

"2 hafte baad" he said in a low voice making Aayat's eyes widen.

"2 HAFTE" Aayat screamed. He just nodded his head with a sad smile.

"Nahi aap kahi nahi jaa rahe" Saying this, she hugged him. Ayaan hugged her back and caressed her back.

"Bohot zaroori kaam hai warna me nahi jaata. Mene koshish ki thi ki tumhe bhi saath le chalu par nahi ho saka. Tum zyada upset na ho jaldi nikal jayege ye do hafte, aur me tumhe har roz phone bhi toh karuga."

Aayat just tightened the hug on hearing his words.

"Tum aise karogi toh me kaise jauga"

"Toh na jao. Yahi raho mere paas"

Ayaan didn't say anything just kissed her hairs and kept hugging her.

This was the first time Ayaan was going to be away for such a long time. Previously he did went for office trips, but they were for a day or two, never this long.

***********

"Apna phone paas me hi rakhna, me call karuga. Theek hai?"

Aayat just nodded her head.

"Aur khana skip nahi Karna, ok?"

Aayat again nodded her head slowly without meeting his eyes.

"Apna khyaal rakhna"

Aayat nodded again. Ayaan sighed seeing her. Today was the day he was leaving for Dubai, and Aayat was quite since morning.

Ayaan moved towards her and took her in his arms.

"Muskura toh do kam se kam. Aise chup chup rahogi toh me kaise jauga"

"Aap please apna kaam jaldi se khatam karna aur do hafte ke jagah do din me aa jaana"

Ayaan giggled hearing her.

"Mera bas chalta toh me do ghanto me wapas aa jaata"

Aayat just kept hugging him and was not ready to leave him. After a few minutes, unwillingly she left him.

"Ab me jau?"

Aayat just nodded her head in no. Ayaan sighed and made a pleading face.

"Jao" Aayat said in a grumpy voice. Ayaan pulled her cheeks and turned to leave not before giving her a kiss.

Aayat went behind him till the door blowing duas on him.

She was feeling uneasy with just the thought of him being away for so many days. She just prayed for this 2 weeks to pass faster.

***********

Four days later, Rukhsana Begum, Aayat and Bilal went to see the girl, Muskaan. Everyone was happy with the rishta.

Muskaan's family wanted to do the engagement immediately next week and left the marriage date decision upto Rukhsana Begum.

So, it was decided that the engagement would be exactly a week later. Rukhsana Begum wanted to wait for Ayaan to come before engagement, but then Ayaan convinced not to delay the function for him. Anyways he will be there in nikkah.

******

Today was the engagement day. A very few relatives were invited from both sides. The engagement was taking place at Muskaan's house.

The entire Raza family except Ayaan reached Muskaan's house.

Aayat was missing Ayaan so much. Before coming here, Ayaan had video called her to see how pretty she was looking. He was so mesmerized looking at her and was not letting her cut the call and go. And after Rukhsana Begum shouting three times for Aayat, Ayaan finally let her go.

Aayat's family was also invited but they were not able to come due to some other family function of theirs.

"Assalamualaikum Rukhsana baaji" A middle aged woman came near Rukhsana Begum and greeted her. Rukhsana Begum turned towards her and returned her greetings. After talking for a while, the women, Mrs.Mirza asked her about her daughter in law

"Aayat? Woh abhi toh yahi thi. Bohot pyaari bacchi hai. Ayaan bhi bohot khush hai"

Rukhsana Begum said with pride in her eyes which burnt Mrs. Mirza. A year back Rukhsana Begum had rejected Mrs Mirza's daughter for Ayaan.

Rukhsana Begum looked around for Aayat and on finally finding her sitting on one of the tables and talking to some girl, she pointed towards Aayat,

"Woh rahi. Woh hai meri bahu, Aayat"

Mrs Mirza looked at Aayat and was shocked. She couldn't believe that Rukhsana Begum rejected her daughter for this girl. She smirked and looked back at Rukhsana Begum.

"Maaf karna baaji, par aapne is ladki ke liye meri bacchi ko thukraaya. Mujhe nahi pata tha aapka dil itna bada hai jo is ladki ko apne bete ke liye qubool Kiya aapne."

She said with venom filled in her voice. Rukhsana Begum frowned on hearing her words.

"Kya matlab hai tumhara?"

She asked in a cold voice. Mrs Mirza looked at her unbelievingly.

"Aapko nahi pata?"

"Saaf saaf kaho kya kehna chaahti ho"

"Aayat ek baanjh hai. Aur aapne apne bete ki shaadi Kar di usse. Maanna padega aapko baaji. Kaafi bada dil hai aapka. Jisko kisine qubool nahi kiya usko aapne apne bete ke gale baandh diya."

"NASHRA! Yeh kya bakwaas kiye jaa rahi ho. Apni hadd me raho."

Mrs Mirza smirked hearing her words.

"Iska matlab unhone aapko bataya nahi. Mujhpar yaqeen Nahi hai toh jao pooch lo apni pyaari bahu se."

"Nashra-"

"Aise hi Nahi keh rahi baaji. Meri bhatiji hai na Mehak, uski nand hai yeh ladki. Kuch Saal pehle mehak ki godhbharai me sab ko pata chal Gaya tha ki yeh ladki baanjh hai. Mujhe toh is baat ki hairaani hai ki aapko kaise Nahi pata chali yeh baat ab tak."

Mrs Mirza smiled evilly looking at Rukhsana Begum's extremely angry face.

********