Aashnaa (3)

Yeh kya hai jo hai par dikhta nahi

bas chal raha hai andar kahi

hai ishq ya ibadat

ya khuda hai yeh

Hai chont, hai marz

ya marz ki dawaa hai yeh...

(~Sainee Raj)

_________________________

Ayaan entered his room and his gaze went on the figure sitting on his bed, his wife. He could see how much nervous she was. But he wasn't able to see her face, as it was covered by a veil. He went near her and sat in front of her.

Ayaan was not ready for a marriage now. He already had so many responsibilities and didn't need one more. But also he couldn't deny his mother.

After his father's death a few years ago, the responsibility of his entire family came on his shoulders. His brothers did help him, but his share of responsibilities was way too big.

When he had met Aayat for the first time, he thought of her as just another girl, but man did she prove him wrong in their second meeting.

A conversation with her and there he knew he couldn't let this beautiful soul go.

He looked at Aayat, who was now fidgeting with her fingers. A small smile embraced his lips, and he moved forward to remove her veil.

Removing her veil, he looked at her who didn't even lift up her eyes to see him, she kept staring down.

"Aayat?"

He put his hand on her chin, and lifted her face up. He was awestruck with her beauty. But Aayat still couldn't meet his eyes, she was just too shy and nervous.

"Mujhe dekhogi nahi? Ab itna bura bhi nahi dikhta me!"

Ayaan tried to lighten up the atmosphere and he did get successful to some extent, Aayat looked up and her eyes met his.

It was truly a magical moment for them, both trying to read each others soul. After a few minutes of their eye lock, Aayat averted her gaze feeling too shy. And as if in a daze, Ayaan smiled and stood up, he went close to her and kissed her on her forehead.

Aayat's eyes widened realising what just happened, she turned completely red. Ayaan looked at her and felt happy seeing his effect on her.

Ayaan took out something from his pocket and forwarded it to her. Aayat looked confusingly at him, he gestured her to take it.

Aayat took the box and opened it to find a beautiful ring in it.

A smile spread on her lips seeing the ring. She took out the ring from the box and gave it to Ayaan, Ayaan looked at her questioningly.

"Aap hi pehna de" she whispered blushing.

Ayaan smiled and made her wear the ring. They talked a few more minutes.

********
Aayat kept tossing and turning on the bed as sleep was far away from her eyes. Ayaan was awake as well.

A few minutes later when Aayat still didn't sleep, Ayaan decided to break the silence.

"Kya hua Aayat? Neend Nahi aa rahi?"

Aayat flinched hearing his voice suddenly, she thought he was asleep.

"Ji woh actually nayi jagah hai na, toh is liye so nahi paa rahi"

Ayaan hummed understanding her situation.

*********

It was a week since their marriage, guests and relatives still kept visiting Raza house to see the new bride.

Aayat was still trying to adjust to the new people and new place, although everyone in the house were quite friendly with her.

In this one week, Aayat realized that Ayaan was completely a Mamma's boy, he loved his mother very much. His mother only had to say, and he would do anything to make her happy.

Another thing that she realized about Ayaan was that he never cleaned his room. The wet towel was always lying on the bed, his shoes lying in the middle of the room, the books and files on the study table scattered around, long story short his entire room was always a mess.

One problem that Aayat was facing was her sleep. She was still not able to sleep, she stayed awake the entire night just turning and tossing on the bed, and Ayaan very well knew about it. He thought she'll slowly get used to this new place, but it was already a week, seven days had passed. If it continues, her health might get affected.

Tonight was no different. Aayat kept laying on the bed, awake. It was past midnight, Aayat kept tossing and turning in a hope of getting sleep at least for a few minutes.

After half an hour, when she failed in her attempt of sleeping, she got up from the bed and went in the balcony. She kept standing there looking at the sky.

A few minutes later, she felt a presence behind her. She turned to see Ayaan standing behind her.

"Aayat aise toh tumhari tabiyat bigad jaegi, tum peechle ek hafte se soyi nahi ho. Chalo aa jao andar, sone ki koshish karo"

Ayaan held her wrist and started walking towards the bed.

"Maine koshish ki, par me so hi nahi pa rahi. Me kya karu?"

Aayat said making a puppy face. Ayaan sighed looking at her. He made her lay on the bed, and switched off the lights. Aayat made a grumpy face and closed her eyes.

After few minutes, she opened her eyes and looked beside her to see Ayaan sleeping. She again got up from the bed but before she could take a step ahead she was pulled back, and due to the sudden pull she landed on Ayaan's chest.

"Badi chalaak ho yaar. Tumhe maine sone ke liye kaha hai. Chalo ab so jao chup chap"

Aayat had completely turned red realising their position, she was on top of him and Ayaan had his both hands on her waist.

Ayaan looked at her and smiled. He made her lay beside him. Aayat tried to ease her heartbeats.

After a few minutes when Ayaan saw her still awake, he held her and pulled her towards himself. Keeping her head on his one hand and his other hand around her waist, he took her in his arms.

"So jao" he whispered in her ears.

Aayat hid her face in his chest due to shyness and closed her eyes.

And finally that night, Aayat was able to sleep because that night she felt at home. Ayaan had became her home now.

And since then it was how they slept, in each others arms.

************