Sayonee(7)

Jab hum ro nahi paate,

Sukh se so nahi paate,

Jab hum kho nahi paate,

Tab bachpan yaad aata hai...

Jab chinta satati hai,

Humare tann ko khaati hai,

Jab bhi mann nahi milta,

Tab bachpan yaad aata hai...

Jab hum toot jaate hai,

Jab apne rooth jaate hai,

Jab sapne satate hai,

Tab bachpan yaad aata hai...

********************************************************

FLASHBACK

Fariha's POV:

After losing my consciousness, I don't know what happened with me. And when my eyes finally opened, I was in my room, laying on the bed, completely covered with a dress? Was it a dream? But the pain in my lower body made me realise that it wasn't. Whatever happened was a reality. I got up and was about to go out when my room door opened and entered in my Maa.

"Fariha you woke up beta? Thank god, I was so worried." Maa came towards me and engulfed me in a hug. I couldn't stop my tears and started crying. She made me sit on the bed and gave me water.

"Fariha you sit here, I have to tell everyone that you woke up. You sit, I'll come." She Said but her words confused me.

"How long was I sleeping?"

"Two days" My eyes widened hearing her, I've been unconscious for two days. God knows what happened in these two days. Before I could ask anything else, Maa went out of the room. I tried getting up but the pain made it difficult for me. I tried getting up once again but I lost my balance and fell on the bed.

"Fariha, what are you doing? You need to rest beta." Maa Said coming towards me and made me sit properly. I see behind her to find Papa and Shehzad standing with a blank face.

"Shehzad close the door" Papa Said

Shehzad closed the door and all three of them stood in front of me. Tears formed in my eyes looking at them.

"Fariha beta, what had happened that day? Tell us everything"

I told them everything, and by the end of it I was so ashamed I couldn't even look in their eyes.

"Look Fariha, whatever has happened is our bad luck. He ruined you, but one good thing is that no one knows about this other than our family, and we want it that way. So it will be better if you keep your mouth shut and never bring this up" Maa Said

I was shocked to hear her. Rather than making me feel better they were worried about me keeping my mouth shut. Tears flowed through my eyes realising I was not even allowed to punish that filthy man.I know he ruined my life, he took away my respect but he also deserves to be punished. But these people whom I call family are telling me to shut my mouth.

But I won't leave that man. He has to be punished.

***********

Its been two days since I got back my consciousness. And these two days were the most terrible days of my life. After my parents went, my Chachu Chachi came in my room and Chachi kept on taunting me. She blamed me for getting raped.

I was not allowed to go out of my room because there were still some guests in the house and if anyone will get to know the truth, the family's respect would go down the drain, according to Maa.

And hence, here I am sitting in my room since last two days thinking of ways to punish that bastard.

"Fariha"

I turn around to see Maa standing on the door. She came in and sat beside me. Something inside me warned me that whatever Maa is going to say is not going to go well with me.

"See Fariha, whatever happened was our bad luck. But now God is giving you a chance so just accept it and now on please listen to what your parents says rather than doing whatever you feel like."

"What chance?"

"Your Papa fixed your marriage. Today evening is the ring ceremony and 3 days later is wedding"

Shocked would be a very small word to what I am feeling right now. How the hell can they decide such a big thing without even bothering to ask me. I kept looking at her shocked, with tears flowing down my face.

"Go get fresh now, wipe those tears and thank God"

**********

PRESENT

Mutahir's POV

"That day for the first time in my life, I cursed my existence. You know ever since I was a kid, I used to be so thankful to God for giving me my Papa. I had always seen my Chachu put restrictions on his daughters, he didn't even let them study much, but my Papa never stopped me from doing something I like. I used to think he understood me better than anyone else. But that day, I realised that how wrong I was. My one decision of living independently changed everything. It changed my Papa."

The pain in her eyes bought tears in my eyes. She went through so much, all alone. And they fixed her marriage, without her consent.

Wait... My eyes widened realising that her wedding was supposed to happen the day she came here. So does that mean she didn't get married? Or did she get married?

I looked at her who was lost in some thoughts, while tears kept flowing down her face. Her face, which was pale and lost its glow.

**********************

FLASHBACK

Fariha's POV:

It was time for the so called ring ceremony. Maa and my cousins made me ready. The one thing which I was not able to understand was who is that man and how the hell did they fixed the marriage in just three days. Does he know what happened with me? And if he doesn't, should I tell him everything?

"Come Fariha, it's time." Maa came and started takng me in the lawn, where the function was taking place. I didn't lift up my eyes even once, and just kept on walking. And with every single step my heart beat was getting rapid.

Maa stopped walking and so did I. Maa made me stand beside someone and left. All these while, I felt like laughing on my fate. All these years I struggled to stand on my own feet and now finally this is happening. I am marrying a complete stranger. A stranger whose name also I don't know. Leave the name, I haven't even seen his face.

"Fariha! Where are you lost. Forward your hand, he is waiting." I heard Maa say and looked to see a hand holding a ring. I move my eyes up to see his face, only to get the biggest shock of my life.

In front of me was standing, Sahir Malik with an ugly smirk on his face. I looked back at my Maa but she refused to look in my eyes. I glanced at Papa who was standing with a blank expression. I can't believe it. These people are marrying me to a rapist, how.. ? why?

Sahir caught my hand and ever so slowly slipped the ring in my finger. His touch burned me, and he knew it, his smirk was enough to tell me how much he was enjoying my state. I felt like dying this very moment.

************************