Aashnaa (12)

tum thaam ke dil baithe rahe,

dl ne kaha lo me chala,

roka usse toh ro padha.

phir kya kiya, jaane diya

dil ke haatho majboor the....

(~Jyoti Mamgain)

___________________

"Ayaan ko dusri shaadi ke liye raazi kar do."

The world stopped for Aayat hearing Rukhsana Begum's words. Her heart missed a beat realising what Rukhsana Begum was asking for.

"Am..amma ji?" she hiccupped looking at her while Rukhsana Begum sighed.

"Dekho Aayat, Ayaan abhi tumhe chodne ke liye raazi nahi hai. Use lagta hai aulaad ke bina woh khush reh payega par me jaanti hu kuch saal baad use zaroor ehsaas hoga ki woh ghalat tha aur me sahi. Aayat tum usko dusri shaadi ke liye raazi kar do, me tumse waada karti hu uski dusri biwi aane ke baad bhi tumhari is ghar me jagah kam nahi hogi, tum is ghar ki badi bahu ho aur rahogi. Aayat tum Ayaan se mohabbat karti ho na toh tum kaise Ayaan ko aulaad ki itni badi khushi se dur rakh sakti ho."

Aayat's head started spinning hearing Rukhsana Begum's demand, but she kept quite, tears were continuously flowing down her face.

"Aur Aayat, Ayaan ka baccha tumhe bhi toh Maa hi bulayega na. Sauteli hi sahi tumhari bhi aulaad hogi." She paused for a moment and looked at Aayat whose face was drenched with tears "Aayat tum araam se is baare me socho, tumhe fir meri baat samjh aayegi."

"Am..amma ji.. me aati hu" Aayat got up wiping her face and turned to leave. She stepped out of the room and came in the living room. She sat on the sofa and kept thinking about amma ji's words.

"Ayaan ki dusri shaadi? Nahi, me toh mar jaugi." She kept sitting there crying.

"AAYAT? AAYAT?" She heard Ayaan shouting her name and she quickly wiped her tears and got up. She moved towards her room from where Ayaan was calling her. She took a deep breath and entered the room. Ayaan was now standing in the balcony with his back towards her.

She went towards him and hugged him from behind.

"Aa gayi tum. Ghar ke kaamo me tum apne shohar ko toh bhool hi jaati ho na?" He teasingly said while turning around and taking her in his arms.

"Me aapko kabhi nahi bhool sakti." She said and snuggled more in his arms and all of Rukhsana Begum's words started playing in her mind. Her head started spinning and before she could realise, she passed out in his arms.

"Aayat?" Getting no response, Ayaan moved back and saw her eyes closed. Panic struck him and he quickly picked her in his arms and made her lay on the bed.

"Aayat? Kya hua meri jaan? Aankhe kholo, aisa darao mat mujhe" he patted her cheeks but got no response. He took the jug from the side table and sprinkled some water on her face, but still she didn't open her eyes.

"Aayat" he hurriedly took out his phone and called the doctor.Not understanding what to do, he went out of the room

"AMMA! MAYA! DEKHIIYE NA AAYAT KO KUCH HO GAYA HAI.. AMMA" He went near his mother's room and banged on her door. Rukhsana Begum who was laying on the bed, got up hearing someone banging on the door. She opened the door to find Ayaan standing in a dishelved state with tears in his eyes.

"Ayaan! Kya hua beta? Tum theek ho" She gasped seeing her state.

"Amma, chale mere saath. Dekhiye na Aayat ko kya ho gaya hai. Woh aankhe hi nahi khol rahi" He held her hand pulled her towards his room. Hearing his voice other family members had also come.

"Tumne doctor ko bulaya?" he just nodded his head and went besides Aayat and held her hand.

*************

"Chalo muh kholo apna" Ayaan said forwarding a spoon near her mouth.

"Bas ho gaya Ayaan, aap already bohot khila chuke hai mujhe." Aayat whinned

"Chup chap khao Aayat. Aur khabardaar jo aainda tumne apna khana skip kiya toh. 10 minute khaane ki fursat nahi thi tumhe. Me kitna darr gaya tha tumhe pata hai, meri jaan nikal gayi thi jab tum apni aankhe nahi khol rahi thi." He said and forcefully put the spoon in her mouth. Aayat getting overwhelmed just hugged him.

"I love you Ayaan" she whispered with her head on his chest.

"I love you too meri jaan." He kissed her hairs.

****************