Sayonee (1)

Aisa lagta hai ki me koi rang birangi patang hu,

Jo mast mallika ke bhaati adaa se udd rahi hai,

Nazneen hawa se ladd rahi hai...

Magar meri ek berang dor hai jo kisi ke haath me hai,

Ya yu kahu ki aisa lagta  hai ki meri parwaaz ek reel me lapet rakhi hai..

Aur koi lagatar mujhe dheel de raha hai,

Bebaak hokar zindagi se milane ko..

Aur dusre hi pal jhatke se dor ko wapas kheech leta hai 

Mujhe meri haddein yaad dilane ko....

~Nidhi Narwal

_________________________________________________

Fariha's POV:

It was 5 pm and I was done for today. I picked all my stuff from the desk and got up to leave. Today was a hectic day as I had to do some extra work as a little compensation since I am going to be on a leave for next one week.

And unlike other days, today I decided to use the elevator instead of stairs because of my tiredness. After waiting for the elevator for what felt like an hour, it finally arrived on my floor. The doors opened and to my utter disappointment, it was empty.

I am shit scared of elevators, and on top of that if I have to be alone in it, then its a big NO. Stairs it is then. I turn around to go when I bumped into something; correction- someone.

I looked up to find a familiar face with his breathtaking smile and a naughty glint in his eyes which made me huff in annoyance.

"Mister Mutahir, how do you always end up being behind me?" I said in a fake angry voice to which he blessed me with his melodious laugh.

"Well Miss Fariha maybe it is a sign of universe that no matter what I will always have your back." He said and winked at me, making me blush. He pulled my cheeks as is if I am a small baby,

"Mutahir! Don't touch my cheeks you fool" I whinned hitting on his hands.

"okay, okay! I am sorry. Now lets go" He held my hand and pulled me inside the elevator with him

***********

Five years back, when I had moved to Mumbai, I was terrified. For someone who has always lived inside four walls, among conservative and narrow minded people, people who thought girls only belong to the kitchen; I was overwhelmed with the kind of lifestyle people in Mumbai had. It took me a few months to adjust to my new life, but eventually I got used to it. And not just used, I was so happy, I finally felt alive.

One of the biggest problems which I faced in this city was making friends. It takes me so much time and trust to finally befriend someone. But then, as time passed I did make some good friends. And one of them was Mutahir- my colleague, my next door neighbour and an amazing friend.

Two years back, after loads of hardwork, I finally bought myself a small cozy apartment. Along with a new home, I had also started my new job at a new office, where Mutahir worked as well. Initially, I didn't knew about him being my colleague or neighbour, basically I didn't knew about his existence. But eventually we got introduced to each other, and since then we've become good friends.

***************

By the time I was back home, I was so tired that I didn't even eat anything and directly went to sleep.

After sleeping for few hours, I woke up at about 11 pm to have my dinner. While I was cooking, my phone started ringing. It was Maa calling.

"Hello Maa"

"Hello Fariha! How are you beta? And did you finish your packing? And when will you reach? "

"Whoa Maa! Calm down. I am fine I am done with my packing. And I'll be sitting in the bus at 7 in the morning so I'll reach till evening. Anything else Maa?"

"Yes. Shehzad will come to pick you, no need to come alone. Okay?"

"Ok"

****************

I locked my door and turned to leave and just then a voice called me from behind.

"Fariha"

I turned around to see Mutahir standing outside his house with a questioning look on his face.

"You are going somewhere?" He asked looking at my suitcase.

And thats when I realised I forgot to inform him about me going.

"I am so sorry, I forgot to tell you. Actually its my cousin's wedding in 4 days, so I am going back home for a week."

"Oh cool. Come I'll drop you to the bus station"

"Arre no its ok, I'll book a cab."

"Yeah I know its ok, now come" Saying this he held my suitcase in one hand and my hand in his other and started walking. This gesture of his automatically bought a smile on my face.

***************

"Take care. Keep your phone on and inform me once you reach home ok? And enjoy!! Chalo Bye, have a safe journey"

"Bye. You also take care." I waved him bye as my bus started moving.

And now as I sit here waiting for the bus to stop at my destination, there's this wierd feeling in my heart, something was off but I just couldn't point exactly what.

***************

I step out of the bus and was looking for Shehzad, but he was nowhere in sight. Shehzad is my younger brother. Till a few years back, we were very close to each other, but ever since I decided to move out, he became distant. And now he doesn't even talk to me. Not only Shehzad, my entire family is angry with me, so angry that they don't even want to see my face. It is only Maa who talks to me, though she does not forget to taunt me every now and then.

My family includes my Maa-Papa and Shehzad, Chachu-Chachi, their two daughters- Amreen and Mehreen and one son- Rehan. And I am here for Amreen's wedding.

I am coming back home after five years and I don't know what will everyone's behaviour be towards me. I am not so positive about it though.

After waiting for a few minutes, finally Shehzad came. Seeing him after five years made my eyes tear up, I went near him and was about to hug him , but he moved back, and without even looking at me, picked up my bag and started walking towards his car. Dejected, I went behind him and sat in his car.

************

On reaching home, I was welcomed with some amazing taunts by every single person except my Papa and Shehzad, they both refused to even look at me. Since the wedding was round the corner, the entire house was filled with guests and workers. I went in my room and was relieved to find my room as I had left. This room was my heaven back then.

I was hell tired after sitting in that bus the entire day, and then the welcome that I received tired me more, so I decided to take a nap. I just laid on my bed and didn't even realise when I dozed off.

*************

I felt something crawling up my cheeks, I tried to shoo it away with my hands and turned the other side. A few minutes later, I again felt the same thing, this time I tried to slap it away, and thats when I realised it was someone's hands. Shocked, my sleep finally broke and my eyes opened only to get more shock.

"WHAT THE HELL!!!"

***************