Sayonee (5)

Tum thaam ke dil baithe rahe,

Dil ne kaha, lo main chala.

Roka usse toh ro padha.

Phir kya kiya, Jaane diya.

Dil ke haathon majboor the.!

~Jyoti Mamgain

*********************************************

Mutahir's POV:

I tried not to bother Fariha for the next few days. Though I tried talking to her whenever we met in the office.

But strangely, she didn't come to office today. I noticed she was not feeling well last few days, and that was making me more worried for her.

My mind was completely consumed by her thoughts, I couldn't even focus on my work. So I decided to leave the office early.

I went home but my mind was not in peace. There was this weird feeling in my heart. I decided to check on Fariha.

I ringed her bell a few times but no response. My anxiousness was increasing with passing seconds. I knocked on the door but surprisingly the door opened when I put my hand on it. Why was the door open?

"Fariha? Fariha?"

My heart was beating loudly. I moved towards her room. God just keep her safe please.

The door of her room was open. I entered inside and couldn't find her. I looked around the room and found her sitting in a corner. Her head buried in her knees and she was shaking. Seeing her condition, panic struck me. I rushed towards her

"Fariha? What happen? Are you alright?"

She didn't react. She didn't even lift up her face. I called her a few more times but she didn't respond. I shaked her by her shoulders but the moment I touched her, she flinched. She lifted her head up and on seeing me, she just pushed me so hard.

"Don't touch me. Go away.. GO!!!"

She was screaming with tears flowing through her eyes. I couldn't understand what was happening. I tried calming her down but she just kept pushing me away and hitting me with her hands.

Looking her so vulnerable broke my heart. But I had to calm her down.

"Fariha! Relax! It's me Mutahir"

I held her by shoulders and shouted. She didn't say anything but kept struggling to move out of my grip. But I didn't leave her. Eventually she stopped struggling and stood there with tears flowing down her face.

"Fariha, relax. Take a deep breath. Just relax."

I took her near the bed and made her sit down. I bought a glass of water from the kitchen and made her drink it.

I went in the balcony and stood there for a few minutes. Whatever I saw right now shook me. Her condition broke my heart. It scared me to no extent.

The girl with whom I was madly in love with, who made me fall for her with just a smile of hers was so vulnerable right now and I couldn't even do anything to make her feel better.

I don't know what has happened to her but I promise I'll try to make everything right. I'll bring back her smile. She'll be back to being her usual self whose one smile was enough to light up my world and this is my promise.

I went back in the room to see her crying. I went near her and wiped her tears. Though she flinched when I touched her, but I chose to ignore that.

I cupped her cheeks and looked straight in her eyes