Sayonee (4)

Kehte hain ke har cheez ki ik inteha hoti hai
Phir ye mohabbat kyun kisi se be inteha hoti hai...

__________________________________

Mutahir's POV:

I looked at the door which was still locked and sighed. She was supposed to be back four days before, but she still didn't come. Maybe her family stopped her for a few more days, after all she visited them after such a long time. But she should have atleast informed me na? She is not even replying my messages. Is she okay?

I sighed and kept looking at her door for a few minutes in a hope that she'll now open the door and greet me with that beautiful smile of hers. But that was not going to happen, she was not there inside.

God knows when she will come, just let her be safe. I sigh and go in my house.

Hours passed but she didn't reply. I was getting anxious every passing minute. There was something which was making me worried but I couldn't understand exactly what.

And the night passed with me waiting for her one message, but in vain.

*******************

There she was, standing in that beautiful red dress, with her breathtaking smile. I walked towards her and kept my hand in front of her

"Dance?" I asked her and she nodded and gave me her hand making me the happiest. Nothing else seemed to matter anymore. We just swayed our bodies to the music. All this time, we kept looking in each other's eyes.

The music stopped, but we didn't.

This is the most beautiful moment of my life. Me and my Fariha.

*knock knock*

"Mutahir wake up beta. You'll get late for office"

Hein, what is Mom doing here. I look at Fariha to see that she is giggling looking at me.

"Mutahir?"

And thats when my eyes opened and I realised that it was a dream. I smiled thinking about the dream, will it ever turn into a reality?

But for it to turn into a reality, Fariha will have to return. I immediately took my phone and called her. But her phone was switched off, which just added to my worries.

I pulled my hair in frustration and come out of my house in a hope to see her. But my bad luck, she was not yet back. It was as if the lock on her door was mocking me.

The entire day in the office, I tried to ask her other friends about her, but no-one knew anything. She didn't even inform our boss of her extended leaves. My restlessness was growing with every passing second, I just feel something is wrong. But then again, I can't do anything right now. I just hope she is safe wherever she is.

With all these thoughts in my mind, I reached home. I parked my bike and turned around, and it felt as if I got my breath back. There she was, removing her bags from the auto.

I immediately went near her, but since her back was facing me she didn't notice me.

"Hey"

She flinched on hearing my voice and turned back. I was expecting a big smile of hers, but I got nothing. She just ignored me and again continued taking out her bags.

What was that?

Once she was done with paying the auto driver, she took her bags and started walking, not even sparing me a glance.

Now that was weird. Anyways I went behind her and tried taking her bags,

"Fariha, give it to me. I'll bring it till your house. You must be tired after your journey. Give"

I said smilingly expecting her to smile back, but she didn't. She just ignored me and started walking again.

My heart ached watching her ignore me like this.

But I still went behind her to accompany her in the lift. I know she is afraid of being alone in a lift.

I think she might be too tired and sad for leaving her family and coming back, thats why she is not her usual self.

I just stand behind her in the lift and didn't speak a word. Once the lift stopped, she rushed in her house. I looked at her door once again, which was not locked this time and went in my house.

The entire time she was occupying my thoughts. She looked upset. Something about her was off today.

She is not a talkative girl but she ain't too silent. And she does talks with me. Then what happened today? Maybe I am just overthinking, she might be tired that's all. I'll talk to her tomorrow.

**********************************

A few days had passed. Fariha started coming to the office from the next day. But she was changed.

She is friends with almost everyone in the office but since she came back she was distant from all of us. All she did was work.

I try talking to her everyday but she is so adamant on ignoring me. Not only me, she is ignoring everyone around her. But what is worrying me the most is her health. She looks so pale. Her face became dull. There are dark circles under her eyes. She is even skipping lunch most of the times. I hope she atleast eats properly after going back.

I will be okay if she ignores me for her entire life but I don't want her to neglect her health.

Today was Sunday. She must be free now. So I decided to talk to her.

"Maa I am going out. I'll come in sometime."

I ring her bell and wait for her to open the door but she was not opening. I ring 2-3 times more and finally after 10 minutes she decided to open the door.

Looking at her made me so worried, her eyes were swollen as if she was crying, her face pale, dark circles, she looked so vulnerable. But her eyes, they seemed empty. Those eyes which were always filled with curiosity, happiness, joy were empty which was pricking my heart.

She snapped her fingers in front of me and that was when I realized I was staring her.

"Oh sorry. I mean hi. How are you?"

"Did you have some work?"

Ouch! That coldness in her voice.

"Yes. I wanted to meet my friend. I haven't seen her since many days. So can I meet her?"

She stared at me for a few seconds

"I am sorry but I am busy right now" and then shut the door on my face.

What?

Did. She. Just. Do. That?

I blink my eyes a few times. Today I wasn't going to back out. I will talk to her at any cost. I ring the bell a few more times, and finally she opened the door after 15 minutes.

I did a small victory dance in my mind.

"Hey"

"Mutahir will you please stop disturbing me. I am busy."

"But today is Sunday. No one is supposed to be busy on Sundays"

"Well I am busy. And now please don't disturb me again."

And she did it again. She shut the door again.

God why are you doing this to me?

I decided to leave her alone for now and went back in my house.

*****************