Abhi Na Jao Chhod Kar (3)

Kuch baat toh hai teri baato me,

Jo baat yaha tak aa pohchi..

Hum dil se gaye,

Dil tum pe gaya,

Aur baat khuda tak jaa pohchi..

(~Unknown)

______________________________

(Flashback continued)

Zara reached her college and was hit by a wave of nostalgia, she smiled looking around. She had missed a few weeks of her lectures, but now she wanted to continue where she had stopped. First, she met all her teachers and then her friends and classmates, who were glad to see her back. Zara spent a few hours in the college, and for the first time after her parent's death, she felt normal.

"This is where I belong" she spoke to herself feeling content.

************************

"Kaha thi tum poora din?"

Her badi ammi asked her the moment she entered the house.

"Me college gayi thi, bataya tha na maine aapko subah" Zara wanted the conversation to end soon, she never liked talking to this woman.

"Subah se sham ho gayi, aisa kya ho raha tha college me?" her tone was rude, very rude.

"Woh darasal me itne din baad gayi thi, toh sab notes wagera lene me waqt lag gaya." She answered trying to be as patient as she could, she was feeling disgusted with the questioning but she had no option.

"Dekho Zara, yeh shareefo ka ghar hai. Tumhare maa baap ne rakha hoga tumhe sar pe chada ke, par is ghar ke kuch taur tareeke hai. Behtar hoga agar tum apni hadd me raho toh."

Zara was confused and her anger was increasing with every word her badi ammi spoke, but badi ammi continued

"Waise toh tumhare bade abba ko yun ladkiyo ka college jaana, ghar se bahar rehna pasand hi nahi hai, par khair tumhe kon samjhaye! Lekin yu sham tak ghar se bahar rehna woh bardaasht nahi karege." That was it for Zara, the accusing tone in her voice had ended her patience.

"Badi ammi, mujhe college jaane ki aur apni marzi se jeene ki ijazat mere baba ne di hai. Kisi aur ki ijazat aur pasand meri nazar me koi mayne nahi rakhti. Aur agar aap ko sach me mere rehne ke tor tareeko se dikkat hai toh bol dijiye, me apne ghar chali jaugi. Me agar chup chap yaha reh rahi hu toh iska yeh hargiz matlab nahi ki mera paas koi aur option nahi hai. Mere mamma baba ka ghar abhi bhi maujood hai. Me bas aap logo ka maan rakhne ke liye yaha reh rahi hu, par me aap logo ki ghalat baate hargiz nahi maanugi."

Zara have had enough, her patience had ended. Frustration of all these days was coming out, and even though she felt bad for being harsh, she didn't regret it. She just couldn't let anyone dictate her life.

Meanwhile badi ammi was shocked. She never thought that the girl who was completely silent all these days could burst like this. She knew Zara always spoke her heart out, but that was in her parents presence, things were different now.

"Aur rahi baat mere der se aane ki, toh maine aapko calls lagayi thi par aapne uthaya hi nahi. Isliye maine message bhi kiya tha aap ko par shayad aapne dekha nahi. Aur waise bhi, mujhe aksar late ho jaata hai college se aane me, kuch lectures ka scheduled time late hi hai. Agar aap ko meri safety ki fikr hai, toh I assure you ki me apni hifazat kar sakti hu, besides me agar zara bhi late hui toh me pehle hi inform kar diya karugi. " She said trying to calm herself and started going to her room when she knocked into something, rather someone. She looked up and saw Talal standing there with an annoyed look. She ignored him and went in her room.