Aashnaa (8)

Un ke rukhsar pe dhalke hue aansoo tauba

Maine shabnam ko bhi sholon par machalte dekha

(~Sahir Ludhianvi)

____________________

Aayat was in a state of shock. She always knew that there would come a day like this when Rukhsana Begum will get to know the truth. She knew that Rukhsana Begum will somewhat react like this only, but she never thought that she will be alone when this will happen.

"Uska faisla mere faisle se alag nahi hoga. "

"Tumhe bharosa nahi hai mujh par?"

"Me maa hu uski, woh jaanta hai uski maa uske liye kabhi galat faisla nahi karegi. "

"Bas bharosa rakho mujh par"

Rukhsana Begum's and Ayaan's voices kept echoing in her ears. She was feeling so helpless. She trusted Ayaan, but she was scared.

"Aayat?" Aayat came out of her thoughts to see her Ammi Baba standing near the door of her room. They came inside, her Ammi sat in front of her and her Baba sat beside her.

Aayat didn't took a second to hug him, and cried her heart out in his arms. Mr. Khan let his daughter cry, and he himself cried with her for her ill fate, for everything she's facing since years without her fault.

"Bas karo meri jaan, sab theek ho jayega" He said after few minutes, when Aayat still didn't stop crying. He rubbed her back to calm her down.

He broke the hug and cupped her cheeks wiping her tears.

"Mujhe batao waha kya hua hai?"

Aayat told them everything, and by the end of it she was again a crying mess. Her parents were ashamed, if only they didn't hide the truth from a woman like Rukhsana Begum. At least their daughter wouldn't have to go through so much.

"Par woh itni sangdil kaise ho sakti hai, aadhi raat ko meri bacchi ko Ghar se nikal diya. Kam se kam subah tak hi intezaar Kar leti."

Mrs Khan said, scared of the worst consequences.

"Tum ne Ayaan ko call kiya? " Mr Khan asked her in a soft voice. Aayat just nodded her head in no. She wanted to call Ayaan but she didn't had the courage to do so.

******

Ayaan stepped out of the airport with a wide grin on his face. He was finally back home, home where his Aayat is waiting for him.

Ayaan was supposed to come back two days later, but he wrapped up his work a little earlier and here he is. The smile was not leaving his face and he was just imagining Aayat's reaction on seeing him.

It was past lunch time, and the house seemed quite as he entered in. He directly went in his room but was shocked to see it empty. He checked the bathroom and balcony, but couldn't find Aayat. He was confused, the room felt different without Aayat.

He decided to freshen up till Aayat comes. After 15 minutes, when he stepped out of the bathroom, Aayat still didn't come.

He first went in the kitchen, but on not finding her there, he went to his mother's room. Rukhsana Begum was sleeping, so he didn't disturb her and continued looking for Aayat in other rooms.

On not finding her anywhere, he got confused and tensed.

"Kaha chali gayi yeh? Isne toh mujhe hi surprise de diya. Kaha ho Aayat?"

He took out his phone to call her.

"Bhai? Aap kab aaye?" Bilal came towards him and hugged him, relieved that he was here.

"Bas abhi thodi der pehle. Waise mubarak ho. Sorry me nahi aa paya tumhari engagement me."

Bilal just smiled at him.

"Waise tumne Aayat ko dekha kya kahi? Maine poore Ghar me dekh liya, nazar hi Nahi aa rahi Kahi"

Smile left Bilal's face and he got tensed. Seeing Bilal's expressions changing, Ayaan got worried.

"Kya hua?"

Bilal narrated every single thing that happened yesterday night. And as he kept on saying, Ayaan's anger increased.

"Maine koshish ki thi ki Amma sone ke Baad bahar jau aur Bhabhi ko sahi salamat unke Ghar drop Kar du, par Amma ne fir se mujhe rok liya. "

Bilal lowered his gaze, feeling ashamed that he couldn't do anything for his Bhabhi in his brother's absence. Ayaan patted his back and rushed out of his house.

**********

"Aayat kuch kha lo please. Ammi aur Baba ne bhi kuch nahi khaaya hai ab tak. Please thoda sa" Mehak bought a morsel near her mouth but Aayat refused to eat it. Mehak sighed and kept the plate aside.

"Aayat sab theek ho jayega." Mehak hugged her and left the room.

Aayat kept her head on her knees and cried. She just wanted Ayaan besides her, telling her to not worry. Telling her that he is there with her.

She wanted to call Ayaan but she didn't find the courage to call him and say anything.

On feeling someone near the door, she said

"Mujhe bhook nahi hai, please aap jaaye yaha se."

"Aayat?"

She froze hearing the voice. She looked up slowly to find Ayaan standing on the door. Tears started flowing from her eyes and she kept looking at him.

******

Ayaan raced the car and covered the two hours distance as fast as he could. On reaching the Khan house, he just rushed towards Aayat's room without even acknowledging anyone else.

His legs stopped once he reached near the door of her room.

"Mujhe bhook nahi hai, please aap jaaye yaha se." Aayat said without even looking up.

"Aayat?" Hearing his voice, Aayat slowly looked up. Seeing Aayat's condition, his own eyes teared up. The once shining eyes were now red and swollen, with dark circles under them. Her face lost its glow and looked pale.

Aayat got up from the bed and came towards him running and hugged him with such force that he almost lost his balance. He hugged her back and let her cry.

After a few minutes, he tried to move back but Aayat's grip was very strong. She was holding onto him as if her life depended on him.

"Shh... Aayat me aa gaya hu. Me sab theek kar duga. Ro mat meri jaan" Aayat just cried more hearing his words.

Ayaan took her near the bed and made her sit down. He made her drink some water and tried to calm her down. He layed on the bed taking Aayat in his arms. Both felt at home after so many days. Tiredness took over them and they both dozed off in each others embrace.

__________________