Chapter 16

I stay close to Newt as we follow the mysterious girl through the warehouse. All around us are people sitting on antique, dust-covered sofas, holding their hands out in front of the dull fires lit in front of them in a desperate attempt to keep warm as the night starts to chill. I glance up and even see some people sitting along the beams holding the warehouse together, their legs dangling over the side.

"Jorge's been expecting you." The girl purrs as we walk through the warehouse.

"Who's Jorge?" Thomas asks. The girl looks over her shoulder and smirks at the brunette boy.

"You'll see."

"I'm not getting the best vibe from this place." Minho mutters, looking over at the people as they stare coldly at our group, whispering amongst themselves.

"Let's just here what the man has to say, Minho." Thomas whispers back to him.

The girl leads us up a staircase at the end of the first floor of the warehouse, and guides us to the first room on the second floor.

Inside a man sits hunched over a desk cluttered with gadgets, records and stationery, listening intently to the radio in front of him as crackled voices come out from it.

"Jorge, they're here." The girl sighs, plopping down on the ratty sofa pushed up against the left wall of the room.

The man holds up his index finger to shush her, before switching off the radio and cursing under his breath as he stands up and turns around to face us.

"Do you ever feel like the whole world is against you?" He sighs, picking up an empty glass cup from the table and pouring water from the pitcher next to it.

Yeah, funnily enough, I do feel like that.

"Three questions for you." The man continues, taking a lingering sip from the glass, almost like he's taunting the bunch of dehydrated teens with his refreshments. "Where did you come from? Where are you going? And how can I profit?"

No one answers the man, so he scoffs and takes another swig of water. "Don't all answer at once."

"Uh well, we're looking for the Right Arm." Thomas says. Both the girl and the man laugh like what the boy had just said was supposed to be a joke.

"You mean you're looking for ghosts." The man corrects. I glance nervously over at Aris, who returns the look with anxious eyes.

Don't tell me we've come all this way for nothing.

"And where exactly did you come from?" The man says.

"And why do think that's any of your business?" Minho growls, stepping forward towards the man.

He simply laughs, shaking his head slightly. "Suit yourself, hermano."

Suddenly, the girl who lead us up here appears behind Thomas, grabbing him by the collar of his shirt and shoving him down, causing him to fall onto his knees.

"Hey, let me go!" The boy protests, squirming under the girl's iron grip as she scans some sort of handheld device over his neck.

"Quit crying, you big baby." She smirks just as the device beeps, the light on top of it flashing green. I watch as the girl's eyes widen as she reads the screen on the device, before facing it towards the man, who leans down to get a closer look. "Jorge, you were right."

"Sorry, hermanos." Jorge smirks, chuckling slightly. "Looks like you're tagged by WICKED. Which means you are very valuable to us."

Oh god, please don't say this man is going to send us back to WICKED. We can't go back to them.