𝐯 𝐢 𝐧 𝐠 𝐭 - 𝐬 𝐞 𝐩 𝐭

The two girls were sitting in Madelyn's bedroom, waiting for Jacob to shift back into his human form so they could talk

The two girls were sitting in Madelyn's bedroom, waiting for Jacob to shift back into his human form so they could talk. The shapeshifter jumped through the window with a sheepish smile, nervously looking around the room.

"So, are you guys going to explain why did he just... became a wolf? A giant wolf?" Eva crossed her arms in front of her chest with a discouraged look. Madelyn motioned to Jacob to start talking, who looked outraged at the fact that she wasn't going to help him. Sighing, he rubbed the back of his neck and started.

"Um, some people in La Push have a special gene... that makes us shifted into giant wolves," Jacob explained, trying to keep this conversation short. He wanted to go talk to Sam about all of this, but Madelyn shook her head, knowing Eva won't let them leave without giving her answers.

"... And you think I'm going to believe that? You shifted just like that?" Eva made an explosion motion with her hands, still trying to understand how the boy before her changed into an animal. 

"No, actually, shapeshifters have certain symptoms. Growth spurt, anger issues, high temperature..." Madelyn listed. "And after a while we shift," She shrugged.

"We? So you are a wolf too?" Eva pointed to her friend, who nodded her head.

"Actually, all of our friends from the rez are shapeshifters..." Eva's eyebrows shot up.

"So, you guys aren't a boys' band, you are a pack of angry puppies," Jacob scrunched his nose at the name while Madelyn laughed at it, remembering when Eva first said it. "And why do you shift?" Eva continued. The Swan girl exchanged a look with the other shapeshifter in the room.

"The gene is triggered by vampires?" Jacob said, more like asked, as if he wasn't sure of the answer.

"Vampires?" Eva raised an eyebrow at her friends, laughing at their serious faces. But her laugh slowly faded into a nervous laugh when she noticed they were not joining. "What, like, real vampires?"

"We shifted into wolves, why are you surprised about leeches?" Madelyn let out an animal growl at that, taking a menacing step towards her brother. Her growl made Eva jumped, which the Swan girl noticed. She shot her an apologetical look before sitting back on her bed, still glaring at Jacob. Eva was trying to wrap her mind around the new information, taking deep breath to calm herself down. 

"Okay, we are going to the rez. Sam will explain better than us," Madelyn grabbed Eva's arm and dragged her outside to the younger girl's car, Jacob following behind them. 

"Okay, but I can't stay long. It's a school night and I have to get home before my curfew," The wolves nodded and they were off to La Push. After a whole hour of explanation, Eva finally believe them. It was really strange to admit, but she felt safe with the pack even if they could rip her apart in their wolf form. She was also shocked to know that the Cullens were vampires. The pack even explained the drama that happened with Bella, the only thing they left out was the imprinting part. Jacob wanted to do it himself, but he didn't want to rush it. Madelyn and Eva were driving to Forks again in a comfortable silence, that Eva broke.