||Albedo: Bite

Take this really short albedo detective! AU. I'll Recompensate later after my finals with a longer albedo oneshot

They/them pron.s

➷Bite➷

In Teyvat, there was a secret organization of detectives and spies. To get in, you need to have inside connections or be scouted.

With the high recruiting standards, their jobs weren't all that easy. Not only do they seek out bigger death cases, they also handle illegal drug activities along with human trafficking.

Y/n was lucky enough to get in. They've never expected to become a detective in the first place. At first, they maintained a tight schedule between college and part-time barista in a coffee shop near their apartment.

Next thing they know, they're in a black car heading towards what could only be written by death.

"Are you worried?" Albedo kept his hands on the wheels with eyes locked onto the road. "You have a weird look on your face."

Right, wasn't albedo their boss until a few months ago? Who would've guessed Albedo who used to be y/n's boss is now their co-worker? Talk about awkward.

Y/n looked at Albedos side profile. Man, were they jealous of that perfect nose bridge.

"Not really." They looked away, the road rolled quickly underneath them. "This isn't my first mission, why would I be worried?"

"It's okay to feel a bit scared," he reassured. "It's a dangerous job after all, and a bunch of kids' life are at our shoulders."

'thanks for making me feel worse' y/n sighed.

They handed Albedo a tall cup of coffee, and silence once again ensued in the car.

Deep in thoughts, y/n didn't realize their lip biting habits kicking in. The same couldn't be said about their partner-in-rescue.

"Stop biting your lips," he scolded without looking away from the road. "Fix that bad habit of yours or I'm going to personally help you with it."

Y/n secretly scowled but obeyed anyway. It really was a problem; sometimes they would even start to bleed.

"Eyes on the road, captain - not on me."

'what's his problem anyway? Not like it has anything to do with him.' y/n frowned, watching their faded reflection on the window.

After more or less an hour of driving, the car finally stopped. With no music to accompany them, the ride had been really silent.

It wasn't an awkward sort however, since both of them were constantly memorizing the plans on the documents.

Y/n didn't even realize they've arrived. However, their attention was brought back to earth by a sudden hand grabbing their cheeks.

"Bi-"

The metallic taste of blood touched the tip of albedos tongue, but y/n only felt his soft lips. They smelled like coffee.

"I told you to stop, now I have to take things into my own hands." He grinned lazily.

"...but it wasn't your problem to begin with-"

Albedo shushed them, "it is now. Anyway, shouldn't we hurry? We have people to save."

Before y/n could get a word in, albedo had alread closed the door.

︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶༉‧₊˚.

Mini closing theater ft. My chaotic groupchat

Gu xieren : ...you made that from one dream?

Zel : lmao I literally had a dream about albedo and I on a detective mission and him kissing me. He's not even my fav.

Chang shufen : how did you get him in your dream holy fucc. Didn't you do a venti ritual?? HOW DID YOU GET ALBEDO

Zel : IDK LMAO

Gxr : imagine instead of a detective, he's your hair stylist

Csf : OH IMAGINE HIM WEARING AN APRON WITH LIKE SCISSORS AND COMBS AND SHIT

Gxr : when you said that i just imagined gordon ramsay in a hairstylist apron holding combs instead of knives

Zel : WHY GORDON WHAT DID HE DO

Gxr : they're both blond

csf : "STAY STILL YOU DONKEY"

Gxr : "THAT HAIRSTYLE WILL MAKE YOUR FACE LOOK LIKE A DONUT, CHOOSE ANOTHER ONE"

Zel : you two are on steroids, go to sleep

Gxr : *holding combs between their head "WHAT ARE YOU?"

csf : "an idiot customer-"

Zel : isn't that just a karen-

Edit : I FORGOT SOME OF Y'ALL DK ZEL IS ME HAHAFA

ANYW that's my real nickname