Y3 Chapter 5

3rd Pov

The weather had become very stormy and Harry, Y/n, Hermione, and Ron had Defense Against the Dark Arts which they were excited for until they got to class to find that Professor Lupin wasn't there. 

"Do you know where Professor Lupin is?" Harry asked as he took a seat next to Y/n. 

Y/n hesitated for a moment, "Uh-no I don't know," she said and Harry nodded. 

Suddenly they hear the windows shut and the classroom was now dark then Snape came up to the front of the class and said in his same cold monotone voice "Turn to page.................................. 394,"

"Sir where's Professor Lupin?" Harry asked

"That's not really any of your concern is it Potter?" Professor Snape said "Page 394 all of you," 

"Werewolves?" Ron exclaimed doing a double-take and Y/n eyes widened. "This greasy-haired slime ball was trying to expose her father to everyone,"  She thought. 

"But sir," Hermione said out of nowhere. "We've just begun learning about Red Caps and Hinkypunks. We are not meant to start nocturnal beasts for weeks," 

"Quiet!" Snape ordered

"When did she get in?" Ron asked flustered to Harry and Y/n who were sitting at the table next to him and Hermione. "Did you see her come in?" 

Y/n and Harry both shook their heads as Hermione kept her eye on Snape who was walking to the front again. 

"Now," Snape said bitterly "Who can tell me the basic differences between an animagus and a werewolf?" 

Y/n and Hermione's hand shot up in the air. 

"Anyone?" Snape said ignoring Y/n and Hermione's hand "Are you telling me that Professor Lupin hasn't even taught you the basic distinction between-" 

"Do you need glasses?" Y/n yelled. The whole class looked at her confused. "Do you need fucking glasses, can't you see me and Hermione clearly are raising our hands, and to a normal person when they see someone raising their hand it means they know the answer to a question or have a question and in this case, we know the answer," People looked at her in shock nobody spoke like that to a teacher ever, especially Snape. 

"SILENCE!" Snape bellowed. "Your getting detention, Miss Lupin," he said but like Y/n cared she had detention every day with McGonagall anyways one more wasn't going to make a difference.

"Well, well, well, I never thought I'd meet a third-year class who wouldn't recognize a werewolf and an animagus when they saw one. I shall make a point informing Professor Dumbledore how very behind you all are......." 

"Please sir," Hermione interrupted "An animagus is a wizard who elects to turn into an animal. A werewolf has no choice. With each full moon, he transforms he no longer remember who he is. He'd kill his best friend if he crossed his path. Furthermore, the werewolf only responds to the call of its own kind," 

"Awoooooooooooo," Draco called out imitating a wolf's howl causing Crabbe and a few Slythriens to laugh. Y/n shot him a glare and Malfoy shut up. 

"Thank you, Mr. Malfoy," Snape said and then he turned to Hermione. "That's the second time you have spoken out of turn Miss. Granger," 

"Tell me, are you incapable of restraining yourself, or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all,"

Y/n was about to say something but before she could Ron spoke. "You asked us a question and she knows the answer! Why ask if you don't want to be told?"