Y7 Chapter 5

3rd Pov

Ron lay in the tent, trying to fall asleep while Hermione was cutting Harry's hair. They had been travelling for days, looking for more horcruxes, they would have apparated but due to Ron's injury they were forced to walk. Now they had set up a tent in a remote area surrounded with water. 

"Oh my god," Hermione gasped and rushed out of her seat. 

"What?" Harry asked. 

"I'll tell you in a bit," Harry touched to back of his head to see if Hermione had cut too much of his hair. When he realized she hadn't he got up and went to the table where Hermione stood with a book open. 

"Maybe you could tell me now?" He asked. 

"The sword of Gryffindor, it's goblin made," 

"Brilliant," Harry gave her thumbs up, unsure what she really meant. 

"No you don't understand," Hermione said looking up at him. "Dust and rust have no effect on the blade." She slide the book towards Harry. "It only takes in that which makes it stronger," 

"Oh okay?" Harry said though it sounded more like a question.

"Harry you've already destroyed one horcrux, right?" Hermione asked. "Tom Riddle's diary in the Chamber of Cecrets," 

"With a Basilisk fang. If you tell me you have got one of those in that bloody beaded bag of yours..." Harry trailed off. 

"Don't you see? In the Chamber of Secrets , you stabbed the Basilisk with the sword of Gryffindor. It's blade it impregnated with the Basilisk venom," 

"It only takes in that which makes it stronger!" 

"Exactly, which is why-" 

"It can destroy Horcruxes," 

"That's why Dumbledore left it to you in his will," 

"You are brilliant Hermione, truly," 

"Actually, I am highly logical, which allows me to look past extraneous detail and perceive clearly which others overlook," 

 "Yeah, there's only one problem-" Harry started but the light that had been in the tent turned off. Leaving them in complete darkness. 

"The sword was stolen," Ron said using his deluminator to light up the place again. "Yeah, I am still here," 

"But you two carry on. Don't let me spoil the fun," Ron said sarcastically. 

Harry closed the book and turned around to face Ron. "What's wrong?" 

"Wrong? Nothing's wrong. According to you, anyway," 

"Look, if you've got something to say, don't be shy. Spit it out," 

"Alright i'll spit it out. But don't expect me to be grateful because there is another damn thing we've got to find," Ron snapped. 

"I thought you knew what you signed up for," Harry snapped back. 

"Yeah, I thought I did too," 

"Well then, I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand." Harry got up and walked across from Ron. "What part of this isn't living up to your expectations? Did you think we were going to be staying in a hotel? Finding Horcruxes every other day? Thought you'd be back by Christmas?" 

"I just thought, after all this time we would have actually achieved something. I thought you knew what you were doing. I thought Dumbledore told you something worthwhile, I thought you had a plan," Ron boomed.