after

btw anyone comments "omg that's from after by Anna todd!!1!" ur gonna get blocked feel blessed for this
I've decided to put in what happens when Harry asks her to marry him. it's gonna be very very short. if you don't want to know do not read this

Emma's POV
I watched as he got down on one knee in front of me. Everything was sort of a huge blur, and the room seemed to fall into a hush.
"Emma Evans, will you marry me?"
He said to me. The love of my life sitting in front of me, asking if I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. Even if he didn't know it, I wanted to spend everyday walking up to that stupid face. I wanted to feel his presence even when he was half way across the world. I wanted to jump into his arms at the airport when he gets back from a long trip like the teenagers we always were. I want to have kids with him, and see his face in them. I wanted to spend every birthday with him because he always managed to make it feel that much more special. Because he was mine and I was his. And he knew everything about me down to fact that I wore glasses, more confidently now since he told me that he liked them and to the way I dance around to my favourite songs singing the words off key. And trust me, he would know. He knew how I would slowly shut down while he was away but that I always wrote better without him there. He was my forever. But, knowing us, of course I was going to mess with him a little bit.
The long pause after he asked I could see the sweat starting to drip from his forehead. His hands were started to quiver and I was basking in his nervousness. The scared, innocent Harry from that night at the bar was back.
"No, goodbye."
I say sheepishly. The whole room gasps, but Harry doesn't even stutter. Doesn't even flinch. I knew he would know, know exactly what I was referring to. While everyone was expecting him to break down and cry right in front of me after I supposedly just ruined his life, his face stays expressionless.
"Now look how different our lives would be if you had really said no that night." He says with a grin on his face. Everything about that night when he asked me out and I rejected came flooding back.
"And look how different it could be if I really said no tonight." I say, and his face lights up because I confirmed my answer. Yes.
He jumps up and engulfs me into a bear hug, swinging me around and bringing my feet off the ground. I don't have to look at him to know he's shed a few tears, and so have I.
He finally sets me down, grabbing my hand to slip the new ring on and I'm completely breathless. It's stunning.
"Pretty girl should have a pretty rock on her finger." Harry exclaims.
Looking at the diamonds you could see little tints of blue reflecting off it.
"Blue. Just like your eyes." He compliments.
And in that moment, I knew I picked the right person to spend my life with.

-

"Harry there's no way we are getting married today if your hair is longer than mine."

"The wedding is today..."

"Did I stutter?"

"Look, it's not my fault you cut your hair shorter than mine," He motions at my now shoulder length hair that I cut after we got engaged.

"Yes but it is your fault that your hair is longer than mine." His hair went long past his shoulders now and it was beginning to bother me. "I'm not asking much, I let you pick where people sat and who could come, I let you help with the food, but please cut your hair like an inch. I like it long, but not that long sweetheart."

Louise walked into the room staring at both of us in disbelief.

"What?" We asked in unison.

"You too aren't supposed to see each other before the wedding what is wrong with you, have you no tradition?!" She yelled at the pair of us.

"I'm going, alright! Just make sure you cut his hair before we go to the alter!" I yelled exiting our new house that we purchased only after a few months of us living in that crappy apartment together. Harry still let me keep the apartment, just because it was the thing that brought us together all those years ago, but I only went there to reminisce when he was away. The new house was just outside of London, considering I had to commute there. It wasn't too massive, I didn't want it to feel extra lonely while he was away, but just by walking through the front door you could tell it was ours.

We wanted to get married as soon as possible, why should we wait?

Everyone was so interested to hear what our vows were, considering we both were in a way, writers. But I could bet on this wedding that he hasn't written his yet, just like I haven't wrote mine.

-

Nervous was an understatement. I kept questioning myself, was the dress good enough for him, did my hair look funny short, should I be wearing all this make-up? But all the fears kept going away when I thought about him. Because for some reason he picked me, and that meant I was good enough for him.

I slowly walked up the isle, looking at all the people who came. And then my eyes met him.

His back was turned but I could tell his hair was an inch shorter, and I couldn't help but smile. Like he sensed me watching him, he turned around to meet me. I gave him a small grin, which he returned, and I watched as he played with his stupid hair like he was taunting me. I could bet right now that he'd measured it exactly one inch. Just as I requested.

The minister seemed to talk forever. Harry and I just making funny faces at each other throughtout the whole ceremony. It wasn't till we got to our vows that we started to pay attention.

I looked at Harry, motioning to go first and he ablidged. I watched him take out a piece of paper, one he had probably scribbed something on. It looked like it was held together with tape. I knew he probably ripped it up multiple times, trying to get his words right. He was always like that. Everything he did he always wondered whether it was good enough. He was always scared that he would mess something up, or someone wouldn't like it and call it trash. So I was shoked when he put the paper back into his pocket.

"Nothing I have previously wrote is good enough for this day." I heard him sniffle a bit, wiping at his eyes to get rid of any of the tears that he shed. When he looked back up at me, his face was plain, his eyes were red. "The first day I met you, you met the real me. There was nothing giving you previous bad impressions of me. I felt like I was just a boy who liked a girl. You're forever making me feel ordinary. There's nothing standing in your way when you yell at me for leaving my dirty underwear on our bed, not even the fact that I'm a famous popstar. But I'll still never forget the way I looked at you that day. You had so much life, even for someone who was having the worst day of her life. I promise to call you everyday I'm away, to send you unexpected gifts when I know you're under a lot of stress. To pull you away from your MacBook when you're on a writing rampage. To try to calm you down, even after you yell at me that you are calm. I promise to be the best father to our future children, and a husband to you. And I promise, to look at you like I did then, this day, and every day after."

I tried my best not to cry, I really did. But I knew my mascara was already starting to smudge, and I could feel Harry's palm rest against my cheek. wiping away the tears I had spilled. I closed my eyes letting him calm me like he always does. When I finally opened my eyes, I saw him. And everything was okay again.

"Harry." It came out shaky, but the smile on his face made my confidence grow as I started saying the vows that I hadn't prepared, that came straight from my heart after seeing his precious face in front of me. "My Harry. The kindest person I will ever meet. It's hard for me to admit, as you know, that without you I would not be the person I am today. I'm a changed person, I see the world with more appreciation since you came along. You gave me a better sense, when you stumbled into my life. I'll always remember the way you looked at me that day, because I don't know anyone who's eyes stayed on me like that. You make me feel extraordinary. You light up my life, especially on the worst of days. I promise, to yell at you when your ego is getting too big, to always let you cook when you're home because I surely can't. To not get mad at you with stuff you have no control over. To give you surprise visits while you're away when I can tell the distance is becoming too much for you and you crave home. To visit your mom when she's feeling lonely. I promise to always listen to you singing in the shower, as much as you hate me for always having my ear pressed against the door. I promise to never harshly critique you for who you are, but to encourage you and your talents. And I promise to love you like I did then, this day, and every day after."

-