Chapter 11

*Emma’s POV*

I sit in my normal position, cuddling in an abundance of blankets with my Macbook propped up on my lap. Headphones plugged into my ears with the sound on full blast, a cup of hot coffee on the bedside table in my favourite TARDIS mug. I’m drowning out the world again by having a long Netflix marathon. I got home from the club very late and after dealing with stupid drunks for hours I immediately feel asleep. As soon as I woke up I was instantly on my laptop surfing the web.

It was now late afternoon and I was still in what I wore to sleep, an oversized band t-shirt of my favourite band, Arctic Monkeys, and no pants, revealing my bare skin. My legs were pale and pasty, just like the rest of my body. I didn’t hate my body, but I was insecure about it, just like every other girl. My makeup was smudged from forgetting to take it off before I fell asleep and my hair was stuck in a messy bun on the top of my bed. I started work at 4, which was just over a half hour away. I guess I’d have to shut down my laptop sooner or later if I wanted to look presentable for work. While looking over some articles on my home page, my eye caught something I wasn’t expecting.

A picture of Harry? Wearing the same clothes he wore on the first and second day we met. This was really weird. Why was there a picture of Harry on the news? My curiosity comes out and I scroll over the picture to reveal a caption.

“Harry Styles seen at hotel: Who was he seeing?”

It’s addressing the day he dropped me off at the hotel and then came back the next day. I want to investigate more, but if I don’t get ready I will never make it to work on time. I struggle with my hair as I yank it out of its messy bun and braid it down the side. The ombre intertwines with the brown making it look like a mix of brown and gold silk. I pull out a few fly aways to make it look messier and then move to fixing my face. The great thing about the bar is that it’s usually pretty dark, so even if there are people they don’t really notice that you aren’t wearing makeup. I ditch the concealer, foundation and blush and just focus on my eyes and lips. Red lips are my favourite and I go through my lipstick very quickly. I apply a bit of that and then make my eyelashes look very voluminous. My eyelashes were already long but my motto was that they could always be longer. I hastily put on some eye liner, which really brings out my eyes, not that it matters. No one I cared about would be seeing them.

As I started to get dressed images of Harry plastered over the front page of the article flash through my mind. Why is he on there? Was he a criminal? No, I think there would’ve been mug shots of him if he were. Was he famous? The photographs didn’t look posed…no if he was a famous surely I would know, how would you be able to hide that? Maybe he’s just well-known or one of those good civilians that get their picture printed in the paper whenever they do charity work or volunteer. I bet Louis would know, I make a note to ask him the next time I see him.

I stuff my bag full of its essentials and rush out to work.

..

As I reach the club I double check my bag while putting it in the back. I was going to try and contact Louis on my way here but of course I forgot my phone somehow.

I walk to the front counter and attempt to greet Jamie, who is talking to a gorgeous girl across the counter. She’s wearing a tight short black dress with a cut out at the back. There are several bracelets up her arms which are very distracting. Her hair is a dark mess of curls and her make up only increases her beauty. I notice her sliding a napkin towards Jamie before getting up and walking out the door. Jamie slowly picks up the napkin and slides it in his back pocket. He turns to face me, stopping dead in his tracks. A devilish grin plays on my lips and I open my mouth to tease him, but he swiftly holds up his hand silencing me.