Chapter 14

"We still up for hanging out?"

It was yet another text from Harry confirming that we were still hanging out. He had sent about 10 other similar sounding texts today and my answer was still the same, yes. Although with all his pestering I considered changing my answer.

I'm assuming we're not really going to be alone, considering we're hanging out at Louis place.

I'm not particularly nervous about it, but I can sure tell Harry is although I haven't a clue why considering we're just friends. I still haven't figured out what that picture was and it's really starting to bug me. It hadn't been that long but I'm hoping that Harry tells me soon or else it's going to eat me alive.

I fiddle with my long wavy hair one more time, pushing it out of my face as I apply the last of my make-up. I went simple, only using eye make-up. I mean it was just Harry, what did I have to worry about?

I had on my favourite sweater, an extremely soft blue sweater that make my eyes stand out even more. I was rocking my favourite black torn skinny jeans and a pair of wrecked up white converse. I slugged my purse over my shoulder as I left for the Underground.

..

I walk up the steps of Louis' house and go to knock on the door. I hesitate and I start to get an uneasy feeling in my stomach. Was I nervous? I start pacing outside of the front door and I feel like I'm about to throw up. This isn't anything special, I need to calm down. It's just hanging out with a friend. It'll be okay. Just don't embarrass yourself.

I pluck up all my courage and curl my hand into a fist, bringing it to the centre of the heavy door. I knock three times and wait. Harry opens the door and I let out a breath that I didn't notice I was holding.

"Hey Emma." Harry's face lights up and his emerald eyes leave me mesmerized.

I clear my throat and say, "hey Harry," there's an awkward silence and we just watch each other for a minute until I break the tension by blurting out, "are you going to invite me in?"

He rubs his hands on his jeans and gives his head a shake, "uhh, yeah of course. Sorry, please come in."

Harry leads me into a living room and awkwardly asks if I want to watch some TV. He hands me the remote so I can pick a channel and then leaves the room. I can faintly hear him talking with someone, who I believe is Louis, right outside the room. I stay silent and listen into their conversation.

"Is she here?" Louis whispers.

"Yeah she's in the living room," Harry replies.

"Did you tell her?"

"No, I'm not telling her till next week." Harry explains.

"Okay, you alright mate?" Louis sounds concerned.

"I'm freaking out." I can picture Harry running his hands through his thick curly mop, something he does frequently.

"Why? You're Harry Styles. You don't get nervous around girls." Louis says confidently.

"Well then why am I so terrified around her?"

"Maybe because she's different than most of the girls you hangout with," Louis offers.

"You got that right." The conversation ends and I hear footsteps getting louder and louder so I click the first thing I see on the TV and try to look very interested.

"Did you find something good?"

I stutter, realizing he's talking to me and I try to find my voice. All I can manage is a slight nod. He glances at the TV and starts to laugh. I didn't actually look to see what it was. I move my head towards to the TV and notice what I chose. The news.