Chapter 16

I’m strutting around my bedroom in the beautiful blue gown Harry delivered earlier and I can’t take my eyes off of it. I can’t even imagine how expensive it was, I would never be able to buy myself something like this, which only made me feel guilty for accepting it.

I went with my usual make-up, however I curled my hair this time. It was curled softly, not tight ringlets but, not a boring wave that I normally had. I’m not a girly girl, but I occasionally like getting dressed up.

I glared at the heels sitting on my bed, not sure what to do with them. I despised heels, they extenuate my calves, not to mention how bad I am at walking in them. They were my sworn enemy. I cringed while staring at them, thinking of all the blisters I’d accumulate if I ended up wearing them.

Oh yeah, and Harry said he’d be here at 7. It was now 8.

I was going to literally kill him when I see him.

Speak of the devil, someone’s banging on the door.

I hurriedly grab the heels and scuff them onto my feet before attempting to rush over to the door. I peer out of the peep hole and my eyes land on Harry. Let’s get this over with.

I take a deep breath before opening the door slowly. All the air seems to escape from my lungs as I take in his impeccable appearance. He wears a black suit and a matching pair of very tight dress pants. His hair is styled up and he’s standing fiddling with his thumbs. Don’t just stand there staring at him say something! My subconscious reminds me. “Hi.” I choke out.

“Hi,” he responds. We both stand there staring at each other for a moment longer before Harry cuts the silence. “Shall, uh, shall we get going?” He questions. I want to tell him yes, but all I manage is a nod. As I step out of the doorway my heel gets caught onto the frame and I tumble forwards. Harry’s quick to react as he catches me by the shoulders and I lean heavily into his arms. He clutches me, mere inches from his face and I’m frozen in place enticed by his emerald eyes. “S-sorry.” I mutter, “I’m not really good at walking in heels.” I admit pulling away. I compose myself breathlessly and look over to see Harry is doing the same.

 “You don’t have to wear them if you don’t want to,” Harry offers. I shake my head I would feel too guilty, they look so expensive and they should get at least some use out of them. I turn to lock up and as we walk down the hallway I stumble once again.

“Screw it,” I decide as we enter the elevator. I hastily kick the shoes off and carry them in my arms, I will give them to Becca or something.

*Harry’s POV*

This girl. She really didn’t care what people thought. She’s wearing an expensive dress, and no shoes. God, I want her so badly. I just hoped I didn’t lose her first.

“Where’s your car?” She asks impatiently.

“Oh, um, out the back.”

“Okay.”

We walked in silence the entire way, brushing shoulders every now and then. We finally reach the car, and open the door for her. I walk around back to my side and fire up the engine.

“Before you ask where we are going, don’t.” I say, sarcastically. She’s silent for a moment, and then of course, she asks, “so then, where are we going?” We both laugh awkwardly and then go back into our state of silence.

I look over at her and say quietly, “You look beautiful.”

I can feel her blushing, and she looks away from me, “eyes on the road.” She chides.