Chapter 12

*Harry's POV*

Louis rushes away from Emma in a hurry, carrying a few drinks for us. He approaches the table sorting out the drinks amongst us. He squeezes into the booth beside me and gives me a nervous look.

"What? Did she say something?" My eyes bulge out of my head and I quickly look around to see if she's near.

"Sort of, it's nothing really." Louis replies. I know it isn't though.

"What did she say."

Louis lets out a sigh and rubs his head. Finally, he says, "she saw your picture on the internet."

My heart drops. She couldn't have found out, she didn't even have one single ounce of recognition of who I was or what I did when I first bumped into her on the street. She couldn't of. The one person that was a completely clean slate, who would get to know me as just Harry rather than "Harry Styles from One Direction." I knew that if we got close, her finding out of my career was inevitable, but I hadn't wanted it to be so soon, or unexpected. I didn't want her view of me to be changed just because I was "famous." God how I loathed that word, it was unfair how people wouldn't even try to properly get to know me once they knew I was considered "famous."

I try to escape my thoughts, "so she knows about the band then?"

"Not quite. I told her not to look into it, and let you tell her."

I smile at Louis, "why would you do that?"

"Because I know how it feels to meet someone and have them only think about how you're famous. It's harder to make a good impression on them when they aren't really focusing on you." Louis says. "She said she couldn't take not knowing what the big secret was though, so I suggest you tell her soon."

Well at least there was still time to get her to like me. How would I just tell her that? Hey Emma, so I'm in a boy band and we're one of the top bands in the world, want to go to dinner sometime? I let out a low chuckle, I could imagine her face if I told her that.

I snap out of my mind and notice Emma approaching the table with a tray full of shots. She looks like she's terrified. Can't blame her, so am I.

"Hey guys, want any shots?" She offers, avoiding eye contact with me. She shyly bites her lip, damn, she drives me mad.

Niall speaks up and says, "yes, we'll take the whole tray."

She nods and slides the tray to the middle of the table. She turns to walk away and I'm already jumping out of my seat trying to go after her. Louis throws his hands up as I climb over him and all the boys are laughing at me. I don't look back, but I flip them the middle finger, which only makes them laugh more. I catch up to Emma and straighten my blazer. I tug at my curls and try to hide my nervousness.

"Emma?" I say quietly. Somehow, she managed to hear me though because she turns around and says, "Hi Harry."

She continues to walk back to the bar counter and I follow her. When we reach the counter, she turns to me and raises her eye brows.

"Um, uh, I wa-was wondering... if I could get a drink?" I say.

"Were those shots I gave you not enough?" She remarks sarcastically.

"Oh, those, yeah, I'm more of a beer person." I smile.

"Sure, the usual then?" She knows my usual. I nod.

She turns around to grab the beer and I'm shaking I'm so nervous. What is happening to me? I'm not normally like this. Man up, Harry.

She turns back and places the beer on the counter. She looks up at me while she slowly breaks the cap off the bottle. She does that stupid thing with her lip and I'm back to being nervous.

"Thanks. Hey, Emma?"

She gives me a sweet smile and says, "Yes Harry?"

I put on my best poker face and say in a strong low tone, "I was wondering if you'd like to go out sometime with me?"

She questions me, "Like a date?"

I nod.

"No thanks."

My smile vanishes, did she just say no? This has certainly never happened to me before.

"What?" Is all I can muster.

"I said no. Goodbye Harry." She turns and walks towards a customer and I'm standing at the counter looking like a fool.

a/n

ouu burn bitches
r e j e c t e d
rejected rejected U just got rejected
for ppl saying "if harry styles asks u out u don't say no wtf u dumb bitch"
he's just harry to her.. she doesn't know he's famous and i don't think him being famous would matter in her decision anyways tbh