Chapter Ten ~ Trust is a Must

Melanie POV

"So Marc is too cheap to hire a secretary? He has his girlfriend working his front desk," Grayson said looking a little confused.

I laughed. "Well..." What was I suppose to say? Yes I'm just his secretary and I was playing the role of girlfriend but I slept with him this weekend so I'm not sure if I am official or his side chic.

"Grayson it's good to see you," Marc said walking towards us. Thank God he saved me. I watched as they shook hands and briefly spoke. My heart was pounding in my chest so hard I could feel the vibration in my ears.

"So what brings you here?" Marc asked looking at me with a twitching eye. Did he think Grayson was here because of me?

"I know I don't have an appointment but I am apart of this investors club and we will actually be meeting next week. I talked to a few of them this weekend and they were ready once I told them I ran into an old friend with a background in investments. Long story short we could be interested in using your firm to diversify our portfolio."

"Well unfortunately I have a very important meeting to attend but you know what? I think Melanie could get you started. She can tell you about our humble company, get you prospectuses or whatever you need."

"Uh?" What the hell was he doing? I'm just a freaking secretary.

"Really?" Grayson said with a huge smile on his face. Grayson was dressed like he came to do business. He was wearing a tailor made suit, his fade was on point and he had this confident ire that made you know he had money.

"Melanie has a lot of experience with commodities. She worked for the New York Stock Exchange for years so she is a wealth of knowledge. I'm leaving you in very good hands. I really do need to run before I'm late. Melanie just text me if you need something, come see me after. It was good seeing you Grayson and hopefully I will see you soon." He shook Grayson's hand, winked at me and quickly left.

I watched as he walked away, leaving me standing there like a fish out of water. He basically was gone all morning and now I'm an Account Executive. I had to sit down.

"Melanie are you okay?" Grayson asked with worry in his voice.

"Yes. Just let me grab my laptop and pad. We can use one of the small conference rooms." I grabbed everything I needed and we headed out to discuss business.

Grayson and I sat down and talked about what his group's plans were for the present and future. He and his group were what I called penny pinchers. They would put up a little money and basically get one to two percent return.

"I think if you sold these stocks and reinvested in these group of companies then you can make a quick return. Then sell the stock, put half back into these commodities and securities for long term growth. While the other half gets reinvested for bigger returns or if you need cash in hand don't reinvest all of it. It's like having extra money where you can do what you want."

"So you're saying make the quick profit, split it in half almost like putting it in a savings account then spending the rest or reinvest."

"You got it. The bigger the profit you expose the bigger the payout. Here at MCH Investments that's how we are so successful. We treat your money like it's our money. We are not perfect and there are risks but once we know things are happening in the market we make our moves. We analyzed the market and have researchers basically on call day and night."

"I'm impressed Melanie, you are doing your thing. The last time we spoke you had just gotten the job in New York."

"That seem so long ago."