Chapter Thirty- Eight ~ Setting the Trap

Marc POV

I had arrived to the towing company to see Cason, Sam and Allen. The three of them were standing by the front door waiting on me.

"It's back here," Cason said leading the way back to the piles and piles of crushed vehicles.

"I was able to get the red light traffic cams and the last camera caught him exiting 206. After Sam and I rode around we found this place. Talking to Cadence and Jacob they gave us a pretty good description of the car and after talking to the owner he informed us that the vehicle was dropped off here."

"After running the plates, Alfreda Tyson's name popped up but she's deceased. The tags expired about five years ago," Allen said.

"Alfreda Tyson worked for me a long time ago. I just fired her son Alfred, a few weeks back."

"So you think this was revenge?" Sam asked.

"I'm thinking it is but Alfred is not a killer. Someone else has to be behind this."

"Who else would want to come after Mel or even you?" Allen asked puzzled.

"That is the million dollar answer."

"How is Melanie?" Sam asked.

"In ICU. She hasn't awaken from surgery yet."

"Tasha is going to stop by this evening and check on her," Allen said.

"Good. I'm thankful Tasha was there."

Allen nodded and we continued on to the car. It was all dented up and I could only imagine the impact from where Mel hit the top rolling back down. I leaned in and black and grey fabric was  still stuck in between the sharp edges of the hood. Bending down streaks of blood were also smudged on the paint.

"I'm sure the blood is from Melanie."

"We were thinking the same thing. How do you want to handle this?" Sam asked with a gleam in his eye. He was a revenge killer but remembering what Tasha said, this would be different.

"Very methodically."

"What did you have in mind?"

"In order to catch a snake you have to set a trap. For now I just want him followed until further instructions. He will lead us to the mastermind. Justice will be swift once everything is recovered."

"Do you have an address for Alfred?"

"23 Westminster Drive. It's about twenty minutes from here."

"Any other locations just in case he doesn't go home?"

"He has an old fishing camp off Lake Pontchartrain on the south side of Miller Road."

Cason said, "I'll send some guys over to the primary residence while Sam and I check out his camp."

"I'm coming with you."

"No you and Allen go back to the hospital. We can take care of this."

"Alright. You will call me the minute you find something out?"

"Yes. I'll send you a text."

I shook Cason and Sam's hand while Allen and I got in my car. I started it up and drove out the tow yard.

"Want to talk about it?" Allen asked staring straight ahead.

"I was so sure what I wanted to do to Alfred but Tasha words keep screaming in my head."

"Let me guess, no violence."

"Bingo."

He chuckled. "I love my wife and she's been through a lot. Abused as a child, kidnapped and mistreated and still she doesn't want blood spilled. Maybe it's the oath she took, but everyone is different."