Chapter Eighteen~ Alliances

Melanie's POV

I woke up to find Marc sleeping right beside me. I couldn't help but run my fingers through his soft hair as he softly snored. Ever since we got back from Spain he had been on the phone non-stop and only hours earlier did he finally fall asleep. I was worried that when he fired me that our relationship would end. It would have been devastating to let him go too.

I got out of bed and turned on my computer. Although we had been back less than a day, I needed to type my resignation letter. I had no idea how I was suppose to support myself without a job. I knew one day the decisions I made so long ago would eventually catch up with me.

Maybe I could teach math at a school. I did have a master's degree and maybe someone would take a chance on me. Or maybe I could open a small business although I still had no idea what that would be.

I started typing and as I wrote it, my eyes watered up. I was good at what I did and not being able to do it was heartbreaking. I looked back at the bed and Marc was still sleeping. I blew out a deep breath. I finished typing the letter, printed it out and signed my name.

I got up and headed to the shower. On the way, I grabbed the blue dress I had bought at Madame's Boudoir. I got in the shower and moments later I felt a gust of wind behind me.

The water was no longer rushing down my body. Marc was standing directly behind covering me. I felt his soft lips kiss me down my neck and he wrapped me in his arms.

"I've had a change of heart. I have seen you in action and instead of you going along with the client, you're not afraid to tell them the truth. Most brokers wouldn't dare do that. So I have decided to let you take a leave of absence and when things die down with Cortez you come back."

I turned around and looked at him.

"You can take some time off for a few weeks and then come back. You have never had a vacation since working for me and have only taken a few sick days. I want to apologize for treating you so bad. I can be needy at times and so I hope you can forgive me."

"Reba is training you well."

"Reba has me scared of her. Do you want her back when you return?"

"No way. I know she will keep you in line."

He grinned.

"Thank you Marc. I really do love you," I said kissing him on the chest. I continued my journey down until my bestfriend met me.

He grabbed the walls as I tried my best to give him satisfaction. It wasn't long before my back was against the wall and my legs were crossed around his waist. His potent lips caressed me in between my breasts and the tempo of our moans were drowned out by the water. Our bodies shuddered against one another as the waves of passion hit one by one.

The heat from the water followed by the thunderous shockwaves had me a little off balance. He sat me down on the bench seat and I watched him showered. I finally got myself together, showered and dressed.

"There is a charity event coming up. I had promised Sasha Denson and Mona Harrington I would help but with everything going on I won't have time. So Cadence thought it would be a good idea if you take my place and they agreed. Here is my list of contacts and if they have any questions you let me know." He reached me a small notebook with pages of contacts along with a key and a code.

"Mona and Sasha knows the drill. They will tell you what to do. I will contact Annie in human resources and tell her about your leave of absence."

"Okay," was the only thing I could say. He kissed me bringing me into his arms.