Chapter Fifty ~ Coming Full Circle

Mel POV

A few weeks later

I woke up and noticed Marc was gone. He had left a note saying he was in the gym and that he would be back in about an hour. Damn! Pottytime. This baby was pushing on my bladder and now I would have to roll myself out of bed. I took a deep breath counting to three and wala, it felt as if I had performed the perfect dismount. Watch out Gabby Douglas, I was coming for ya gold medal.

I made it to the bathroom, what a relief! Only a few more weeks and all this extra weight would be gone. I was giving William "The Refrigerator Perry" a run for his money. Looking at my reflection in the glass, my backside, boobs and hips had almost exploded overnight. I had a shape before but now I was catching up with the old Khloe Kardashian.

For almost eight months my body has turned into a habitat for this little one to grow. I rubbed my stomach. Even in the last two months I didn't look like the old Mel.

I was constantly tired, peeing like a drunken racehorse and I couldn't sleep. Well unless, Marc laid the pipe real good and then I was normally out within minutes. I smiled at the thought. Who said you couldn't enjoy a little hanky panky even when you're the size of a human butterball turkey?

For the last two weeks I hadn't been to the office because the last time I did, I fell asleep in Michelle's presentation. Did I fall asleep? Baby let me tell ya, I was so knocked out, my mouth had saliva running down and my neck was wet. I was snoring and almost fell out the chair when Michelle finished and people started clapping. I told them if anyone said a thing, I would fire their asses and not think twice about it, courtesy of the new Mrs. Asshole "Donald Trump" Hernandez.

I could tell my attitude was changing and it wasn't always for the best. I wanted everything done with precision and with extreme effort. I was irritable at times, and dumb people made me damn near explode with sarcasm and grief but other times, I just wanted to kick their asses. Blame it on the hormones. Sometimes I found myself being a botch and I had to apologize, only if I was completely wrong. That's why I figured I would start my maternity leave a little earlier so people wouldn't be afraid of my Mrs. Godzilla. I wobbled to the shower.

I swear I feel like I've been pregnant for a year. Why does it take nine months? Hell between the attitude, gas, and weight, I'm surprise that Marc hasn't left me for a tall skinny model. But then again with all this caramel to love why would he?

I turned on the shower. I liked my showers warm and music blasting. At least my little pumpkin would have a little rhythm. I took off my gown, trying not to get tangled in it. I got in the shower and turned on Pandora and selected my R&B station. Toni Braxton's, Another Sad Love Song, started off the hits and I started singing.

I washed my hair and when I heard my girl Mary J., I had to turn the shower speaker up. Mary J. Blige's, Be Without You, came on and I couldn't hold back. By the third stanza, my dream of becoming a star on Lip Sync Battle was about to come true. I imagined myself in all black leather, with a short honey blonde wig laid to the side with my six inches stilettos on. I licked my lips and started to sing:

See this is real talk
I'm a always stay (no matter what)
Good or bad (thick and thin)
Right or wrong (all day, everyday)
Now if you're down on love, or don't believe
This ain't for you (no, this ain't for you)
And if you got it deep in your heart
And deep down you know that it's true (come on, come on, come on)
Well, let me see you put your hands up (hands up)
(Fellas, tell your lady she's the one)
Fellas, tell your lady she's the one, oh
Put your hands up (hands up)
(Ladies, let him know he's got your love)
Look him right in his eyes and tell him
We've been...
Too strong for too long (and I can't be without you, baby)
And I'll be waiting up until you get home ('cause I can't sleep without you, baby)
Anybody who's ever loved ya know just what I feel
Too hard to fake it, nothing can replace it
Call the radio if you just can't be without your baby...