Chapter Thirty-Seven ~ Collaboration

Alfred's POV

I pulled up in the massive brick driveway. I rushed to the front door and starting knocking. I waited hoping she would answer. Standing there waiting, I looked through the glass in the door and then through the living room window. She had to be here. I was starting to get nervous until I heard her voice.

"You are not suppose to be here."

"I did it! I took her out!"

"No you didn't. All you did was screw up. She's not dead."

"She has to be. I rammed into her."

"You may have but she is still alive. A friend of mine called and it's all over the news."

I was starting to sweat. It couldn't be true. Melanie and I made eye contact as I drove off; she could identify me.

"Look you can't be here. I will meet you later at our normal place."

"What time?"

"In a hour. I can't have them link me with you."

"You said if I did it, we would be together, Stacey."

"We will but you have to go, Kane will be here any minute."

"You said you were leaving him."

"I can't right now. We will talk later."

I walked up to her and gave her a kiss. She tried pushing me away but finally gave in.

"One hour Stacey."

I turned and walked away getting in my car and driving off.

Stacey POV

I watched as Alfred drove back through the gate and turned pulling off into traffic. What was so hard? He could have used any method like shooting her, stabbing her but he chose to run over her. He was not a killer by any means and if I wanted it done right I needed to do it myself.

Melanie Guillory was a pain in my side. She started this and I was going to finish it. She was the cause that Cadence and Jacob didn't help Kane and I out of the hole we were in. We owed over a million dollars between our home and the restaurants. We couldn't afford to file bankruptcy because we wouldn't have anywhere to go.

I tried going to my father but he turned his back on me. I even tried to see Marc but he never returned my calls or he's never in the office probably too busy galavanting with that black whore. Why should they be happy when I'm standing here miserable? Life was so unfair. Marc and I should have been married but he totally started to ignore me. Didn't he realize I had needs? Of course not he was too busy traveling around the globe.

I walked back inside and headed upstairs. I quickly changed and grabbed me a scotch on the rocks. Maybe with the black skank out of the way, just maybe I could comfort Marc and then I could leave Kane. Although Alfred was good for sex only, it would be simple just to subtract him out of the equation. He was a dumbass and easily manipulated and I would have no problem saying good writtens.

Taking the final shot of the brown liquid, I grabbed my keys and purse. Today was the day I was going to tie up loose ends.

Melanie POV

Oh God my body ached from my head, to my arm and down my legs. I opened my eyes but everything was dark. I heard beeps and my body wouldn't move. I couldn't be dead. People said there was suppose to be a light but I didn't see it. Did I miss it? Could I be in a state of unconsciousness but only one part of my body was aware. This was crazy.