Chapter Fifty~Eight ~ Secret Rendezvous

Melanie's POV

"Hey Ms. Thang," Mona said giving me a hug.

"Hello to you Gorgeous," I replied. Mona was wearing a chambray one shoulder dress, designer heels and accessories, along with a matching Hermès birken. Her hair was curled all over hanging down her shoulders and her flawless makeup looked to be professionally done. Her wedding ring was the size of a boulder and probably the GNP for a small country. She was a lot older than me, but she looked as young as a twenty something.

The waiter came over and took our drink order. She ordered a cocktail while I ordered a sparkling water.

"I remember when I breastfed my children. Ian wouldn't let me drink anything with bubbles, including sodas. Girl I was craving one so bad one day, that after he left for work, I ordered a pizza and a two liter. Finished it off, cut the plastic bottle up in tiny pieces and put them in a diaper. Can I tell you that was the best Dr. Pepper ever?" We both laughed.

"Marc isn't that bad."

"Good. I was ready to string Ian up by his toes."

"I'm glad you didn't."

"Our guys love hard and sometimes it can be a little overwhelming. They mean well so you have to pick and choose your battles."

"You're right about that."

The waiter took our order and we chitchatted about our lives and children. She spoke about Corbin her eldest starting at Harrington Shipping as an intern and Giselle as she was about to graduate from MIT in architectural design and her youngest Stephen was a sophomore at Penn State. Looking at Mona you would have never thought she had kids that old.

"Sounds like everything is going good."

"Could be better if Corbin could stop being a male hoe, I swear he thinks he is suppose to scratch every itch."

"I'm glad I have a girl. I will make sure when she gets older Corbin is at least a thousand miles away."

"I told Ian that boy needs a good ass whipping. He thinks he's Michael Ealy except with gray eyes."

"He can't be that bad Mona, can he?"

"We had a company luncheon a few days ago. Everything was peachy, good ambiance, great food, we had rented out the Pioneer Club so you know it was classy. I went to the storeroom looking for the manager when I hear some noise coming from a closet. I'm thinking someone needed help as I heard, "help me," so I opened the door. Girl I thought I was going to have a heart attack. He had some hostess bent over a chair spread eagle literally pounding into her like a jackhammer." She shook her head.

"Oh my gawd."

"She screamed that out too."

"What did you do?"

"I told him to get his trifling ass from out the damn broom closet. Yes I became one of those embarrassing ghetto black mamas. I talked about his behind. That girl jumped up so fast, and got tangled in his coat he had on the floor but quickly recovered. She put her clothes on and hightailed it out of there."

"What happened with Corbin?"

"I gave him a piece of my mind. Told him that he was going to catch something and never get rid of it. Then I told Ian where he took him to the side and had one of his chats."

"What did he tell him?"

"Same ole same ole. Be careful, use protection, don't get caught especially by your mother, not to do trashy, you have too much to lose, and keep it in your pants. And he probably said something about she was cute, but check your hormones and remember to keep it classy."