Chapter Eleven ~ Large and In Charge

*Please note WORDS WILL BE SPOKEN IN Galician   NOT SPANISH**

Melanie POV

It had been a week since Marc had announced me as the new Executive Commodities Broker for the company. Of course there were rumors saying I got it because I was sleeping with him or either I had maneuvered my way for him to create this position. People acted like I had no idea what I was doing but give me time and I would show them. To be honest I was use to people judging me because normally I would shock the shit out of them.

I was technically now over a department of thirty brokers across the US, Italy and Spain. I wasn't the only female but the only black. I was use to working in a predominantly white male occupation but money was money. It didn't matter if I was purple wrapped up in Mardi Gras beads as long as I could make them money.

"Ms. Guillory I need your help," Marc said on the other end of the phone. I grabbed my notepad and headed to his office.

In the past week I had gotten a promotion, a new office, a pay raise and good news from my dad's new doctor. There were some new stroke therapies they would be trying with my him so hopefully they could get him up and moving.

Marc and I's relationship was getting stronger. He was starting to see me as a professional business woman taking her rightful place in the industry. I had made calls to my contacts at the SCC, Stock Exchange and other clients I use to deal with. I was ready to take Marc's company to a whole new level.

I knocked on the door and he told me to come in. Reba, Marc's new assistant, who use to be mine back in New York had taken my place. She was older, experienced and would be the perfect replacement. She was single, no kids, a devoted lesbian and was ready on a moments notice. She knew my contacts but instead of taking her for myself I needed to make sure someone had Marc's back plus I didn't have to worry about her pushing up 0n him.

"Hello Ms. Guillory," Reba said smiling.

"Hello Reba. Mr. Hernandez."

"Have a seat Ms. Guillory," he said standing up as I took my seat.

"We are headed to Spain on Friday. I had to cancel our plans with Mr. Captiville."

"Is something wrong?"

"There is a group of investors in Madrid and they are looking to invest in SimCo."

"That's very risky."

"As I am aware but somehow they called and asked for you but you were in a meeting. Then they asked for me, Reba took the call and I spoke to them. It seems that Devalo Cortez is the original investor and he wants us to run his hedge fund. He said he was hoping you would come out of retirement."

I laughed. Word was getting around quickly. Devalo Cortez was owner of several manufacturing plants and two foreign banks.

"There is also something else we need to attend to. Reba if you make the reservations and let me know when they are ready that would be perfect."

"No problem Mr. Hernandez. Ms. Guillory," she said walking out.

"I plan on seeing my parents this weekend and I want you to meet them."

"Really?"

"Yes. I've told them all about you and they can't wait to meet you."

"Wow. I'm taken back. Most of the time it's months before the girlfriend meets the parents."

"I met your dad."

"Only because you invited yourself."

"You know you wanted me to meet him. See now all the awkwardness is gone on your side. It's my side that's the real test."