Chapter Fifty-Three ~ For the Love of You

Marc POV

"Thank you so much, I don't know what to say? It looks like you and I are back in business." She giggled like a school girl talking on the phone.

I looked at Mel trying to figure out who she was talking too. She had been on the phone for ten minutes, smiling and giggling and she hadn't mentioned any name. What was she up to? I just sat on the bed watching her as she finished putting on her make-up.

"Ah Leland, I just thought about it, I'm technically still on maternity leave," she adjusted the phone putting it to her other ear. "My husband is a stickler and doesn't want me to travel outside the city until my doctor officially releases me. I swear I think he loves to keep me all to himself." She raised her face in the mirror and stared back at me with a subtle expression on her face.

Leland? Wait that sounded like a dude's name. If it is don't he knows she's a very happily married woman with a child? Who the hell was he? I mouthed, "who is that?"

She fanned me away.

She lucky. If that was someone else, they would have been fired on the spot or kicked to the curb. Only my mother and her could get away with that.

"You're right Leland maybe Marc can come down and meet you face to face. I can have the Midtown proposal ready and the two of you can Skype me in if you have any concerns."

Wait! Did she just volunteer me to meet this strange man? Leland, Leland...Leland, that name didn't sound familiar. If this Leland was a potential investor why hadn't she mentioned him before. Actually we didn't need him. I had all the investors lined up. She could end this conversation with this Leland right now. I stood up putting my hands on my hips tapping my foot. She did it all the time, so I could do it too.

"Leland, Marc and I are suppose to be on our way out to dinner with some friends, so I have to run honey."

Honey? Why is she calling him that? What is this Leland to her and why is she still giggling? Does she not see me standing here tapping my foot using her come on signal or is she avoiding me?

She started laughing, "MJ is doing good. She's getting big and she's a bundle of joy. The recovery is going great. In a couple of weeks I should be back at hundred and ten percent. You know me, I try to give my all."

Okay, I don't like her flirty insinuations. I'm about to grab this phone and we are leaving.

"Leland, my husband is giving me that stinky eye that men give to women when they are ready to go. I will definitely speak to Marc and hopefully we can work something out." She squinted her eyes at me.

"Maybe I can send him next week. My team should have everything ready by then. Great! I will have my assistant arrange everything on our end. Yes, Yes. You are going to absolutely love him."

I wasn't going anywhere. If I was, I would make sure this Leland won't be calling my wife again.

She put on her last Prada sandal and grabbed the matching grey metallic Staffino handbag. I grabbed my keys from off the nightstand.

"Ok, I will let you know. Thanks so much Leland. I will include the projections with the different phases of the project along with the budget. You so sweet. I am looking forward to it." She laughed again and hung up. She slipped her phone in her purse and walked passed me going down the stairs.

"Who was that and why are you volunteering me for something?" I opened the front door and unlocked the car door.

"Leland Hampshire McAlley? He is a very wealthy real estate mogul and entrepreneur. He owns Fallegur Staður Hotel's and Resorts."