Chapter Fifty-Five - The Beautiful Ones

Mel POV

Watching the sunrise with my husband holding me this morning was nothing short of amazing. He really swooped me off my feet last night with the romance. He had pretty much reenacted our first date if that was what you called it.

"Bos día a miña linda esposa, good morning my beautiful wife."

"Bos día meu home bonito, good morning my handsome husband."

He leaned in and kissed me.

"I've made you breakfast."

"Oh what did you fix me?"

"Come see."

I held on to his hand and followed him out the bedroom. Going down the stairs I could smell a variety of delicious treats.

"Sentir amor, sit love." I sat down and he uncovered my plate.

I started to clap and cheer. It was the same breakfast he had fixed me the last time I was here. Torrijas with jamon, along with magdalenes and cheese with a cup of cafe con leche."

"What did I do to deserve this?"

"Giving me the best gifts possible your love and a beautiful daughter."

"You're going to make me cry."

"I will love you both forever."

Okay the waterworks were starting. He wiped away my tears.

"I'm still trying to control these damn hormones."

"There is nothing wrong with that. We can't control everything as our lives are busy. We both run successful companies, have a new baby, by the way that I can't help but feel proud to be her Papà, and a gorgeous wife that I don't spend enough time with."

"Hey, we do okay."

"I'm making you a promise. I want date nights with just the two of us and family days with the three of us. I never want you to feel unappreciated or unloved."

I caressed the side of his face. He kissed my wrist.

"Promise me we will make time."

"I promise."

"Good."

He turned around and sat next to me as we ate our breakfast. Was it possible to love someone more and more each day, because I was totally and equitably in love with this man? I never knew I could be this happy.

"Eat up, I have a surprise for you."

"Really?"

"Yes."

"What is it?"

"If I told you it wouldn't be a surprise."

"Come on Marc, just a little hint?"

"No."

"Pretty please with sugar on it?"

He snickered. "No."

"Ugh you're killing me."

"Eat. We don't have a lot of time since you wanted to go back tonight. Plane leaves at nine giving us eight hours."

"Okay, okay."

After I ate, showered and got dressed he was waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs. It looked like he was texting but he got up when he heard me coming.

"Wow you look great."

"Thank you husband of mine." I had decided to wear a light purple Yves Saint Laurent dress with a zipper in the front. On my feet a pair of purple and black, crisscross strappy leather Jimmy Choo sandals and my amethyst rose gold David Yurman ring on my right hand ring finger. Oh I almost forgot the pièce de résistance, my black Hermés Birkin leather handbag with rose gold bangles on my wrist and my diamond amethyst loop earrings blinging from the sunlight. Man I didn't realize I still had clothes from last time. It was nice to travel without bags when you had everything you needed at your locale.