Chapter Thirty-Six ~ Warning

Two hours before the accident

Mel POV

My hair was a frizzy mess so I pinned it up in a messy bun and got ready. While I was in the shower, Mr. Wiseman texted me to stop by the office to sign some checks. If I left now I would have enough time to stop by there, finish my errands and get to Cad's office by one.

I slipped on a grey and black Givenchy wrap jumpsuit along with my black Christy- Lou's. I added my Tiffany double strand necklace and matching accessories to complete the outfit. I finished my makeup by adding some lipgloss, eyeliner and blush and took one final look in the mirror.

Since being with Marc I did step up my game. I had clothes for days with accessories that most women would catch a case for. He treated me well but I also felt like I wasn't contributing. Going to school, graduating at the top of my class would mean nothing if I didn't do what I loved. Believe me working for the Revitalization Foundation was great, but I miss the hustle and flow at MCH Investments.

I grabbed my purse and was headed out the door. I jumped in my car and my phone started ringing. Looking across my dashboard, it was my dad so I answered it.

"Hey there stranger."

"Hey daddy."

"Is everything okay?"

"You always ask me that the moment after I say hello."

"Out of habit I guess. Daddies always worry about their little girls. We can't help it." He chuckled.

"What time are you coming by today?"

"I was coming after my meeting. Do you need me to come sooner?"

"Oh no just whenever you get a chance."

"I have a few errands to run before my meeting and I could swing by there then."

"No baby, daddy will see you later on. I don't want to stress you out trying to get here or make you late for your meeting. I hadn't seen you in a day or two and just wanted to make sure Marc hadn't kidnap you. Go ahead with your errands I will talk to you later."

"Are you sure? I can come now."

"No. I will see you later on, love you."

"Okay daddy see you soon, love you too."

I shook my head. He hadn't seen me because I've been busy all up in my man's arms. It felt good to be loved and adored and Marc didn't mind showing me. He's very affectionate and I loved everything about him, even down to that nasty temper he has. It was apart of him and call me weird but it made him sexier.

I slipped on my sunshades pulling out the garage and the yard men were cutting the grass. I hoped they had water because it was hot as hell out here. I saw one of the men with a water bottle and waved at Thomas.

I stopped at the paint store to pick up paint samples. Ever since Marc got the deed to the land, I've been on this mission to get the preliminary things done. I've never designed or remotely decorated a house. My tiny apartment back East, barely had furniture. I was currently living in my parents home and never changed the decor. In a way I was excited for the challenge and nervous at the same time.

As I was looking at samples, I kept getting this feeling that I was being watched. Although it was a huge store with people constantly walking down the aisles, who would be doing it? My paranoia was starting to kick in and goosebumps stood on the back of my neck and arms. I leaned over looking down the long aisle but no one but me was on it.

I turned my attention back to the paint colors. I still had this odd sensation that something wasn't right.

"May I help you," the salesman asked causing me to jump.