28 - It's a Captain Thing

ELITE || エリート
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

'tis the season, bitches.

"THE CAPTAIN YOU BECAME STILL LIVES ON, JUST NOT ON THE COURT

"THE CAPTAIN YOU BECAME STILL LIVES ON, JUST NOT ON THE COURT."

────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────

"y/n, yachi, hey!"

The girl reached her arms outwards, her fingers interlocking as she let out a quiet yawn. Not surprised to see the lanky blond and the dark haired boy duo at her class doors, she waved a tired greeting while pushing her chair to go greet them. Yachi did the same

Exams had just wrapped up a few minutes ago. Her own heart just calming down from the adrenaline and anxiety that the tests gave her. She had just done her mathematics test, her Japanese literature exam had been the day before and she scored with a score of 80. It wasn't her best but she definitely didn't care much to cry over it. They gave students a break right before they had to head back to their class to receive their final test score.

"Hey you two, how'd you do?" Y/N piped curiously, "I don't think I did too bad." She added on with a thin smile.

"Exams give me so much anxiety..." Yachi frowned, rubbing her head as if all the information she had taken in had suddenly dissipated out of her brain. Yamaguchi nodded in relation to what Yachi was just feeling.

"Heyyy!" Two other figures approached the small group of first years, adding on to the count. "I barely passed my modern literature exam.. So I'm scared for this next one." The orange-topped first year smiled, his partner following him.

"Is that so?" Tsukishima raised his eyebrow. "If you end up failing, i'm going to laugh at you." Y/N sighed with a slight chuckle in her next breath.

"What about you, Kageyama?" She questioned, however she just got a huff in response. "Huh? Was it that bad?"

"Guess somebody's gonna have to sit out for training camp." Tsukishima snidely added with a condescending smirk flashing across his features.

"Shut up!" The setter yelled at him. "I'm totally gonna pass this exam!" He said. In all honesty, Y/N swear she herd his voice crack in between his sentence, indicating the lie - but either way, Kageyama is probably one of the worst liars she knew out there.

"Sure..." Y/N awkwardly laughed, patting his back.

With red marker and a large number written "79" on the top right corner of the paper, Y/N exhaled in relief. She was sure she definitely got a lot more wrong, but hey- Who's really complaining with a passing grade like that?