29 - Back to Summer

ELITE || エリート
CHAPTER TWENTY NINE

"THIS BRINGS BACK GOOD MEMORIES, DOESN'T IT, Y/N?"

a/n: re-reading this book cringes me so i might go back and re-write some chapters.

THE AUDIBLE THUMPING AND SHOUTS COULD BE HEARD FROM DOWN THE SUN-LIT HALLWAY. Her wrist was held by the sly captain as he urged her to keep walking faster so they could make it to the gym. Y/N was in no rush though, she had two full days here — as well as one night.

"Aiya..." Her brows furrowed, pulling her arm back to hopefully let Kuroo stop walking for a moment. "You keep holding on that tight i'll get a bruise!" She scolded. "And I can walk by myself, thank you very much."

Kuroo stiffened, then an empty chuckle following afterwards. She sighed, rubbing her wrist as her eyes gazed upwards to his.

"It seems like you're more excited than I am, Testuro." She voiced, patting his back afterwards. Though, she wouldn't blame him. Summer camp was possibly one of the best experiences she's ever had before, so getting the three of them together would really bring back memories of the past.

Kuroo glanced at her for a second before looking away and letting out a soft chuckle. "It's... You know what? I am excited." He confessed with a grin. "I bet Bokuto's gonna be quite vocal when he realizes you're taking his number 3 spot in the nation."

Y/N's head fell back as she chuckled. "You know how it usually is. Remember when you guys first found out that I was the so-called Angel of the court?" It was quite a scene. You replayed the distant memory in your head but all that you remembered seemed like searching through thick fog.

"I thought it was a dumb myth that people made up to scare other players!" He defended with a huff. Junior high was Y/N's peak in sports, and from there she only fell back down to the basics. "Have you been playing?"

"Not often..." She breathed out with disappointment. "We just finished exams so there hasn't been much for me to do other than study." Kuroo hummed in response, pointing at the open gym door. Shouts and cheers could be heard from the hall, occasionally a few people would pass the doorway. A smile grazed her lips; this was what she missed. Perhaps not the sweat and loudness, but the pure ambition that she could feel.

"What are you waiting for? Let's go, Y/N." Kuroo lightly shoved the girl forwards into the gym. She scoffed as the first few steps inside was just her observing everyone. The large scale windows were opened to let in the summer breeze while games went on.

"Wah...." She gawked, "I forget how big gyms are in this area."

He snickered, "You've adapted to country life, princess" Kuroo observed the area, pointing at his team. "I'll be here, go help your little pack of crows get set up. You're gonna need it if your freak duo aren't here."