30 - Icarus didn't live, but you can

ELITE || エリート
CHAPTER THIRTY

"TELL ME ALL THE THINGS THAT MAKE YOU HAPPY

"TELL ME ALL THE THINGS THAT MAKE YOU HAPPY. I'D LIKE TO SEE YOU SMILE MORE!"

Y/N let out an exasperated sigh as she watched the score board flip to 25 on their side. She let out a soft laugh, "Finally... We won our first set out of how many?"

"Nine sets." Kiyoko answered. "I'm glad they're back." She watched the boys celebrate over this singular victory because they had Kageyama and Hinata back in the roster so they could do their freak quick. But Y/N noticed how Shinzen was able to at least get a hand on something of that speed, and that scared her.

"I'm starving!" Nishinoya complained with a cry.

Glancing at the clock, Y/N figured the last set would be between Nekoma and Ubugawa. She watched the tall new middle blocker and his plays. His arm was like a whip, and on top of that he's quite strong too. But his movements seemed so... textbook.

Y/N excused herself to walk over to the coach chairs where Nekoma played. Nekomata had looked up to where his granddaughter had been walking from, urging her to walk faster. She bowed to both coaches, however Naoi shook his head saying there was no need for such formalities since she was a family member of Nekomata's.

"You have a question, say it." The older coach laughed, crossing his arms. 

"I wouldn't want to sound rude," Y/N muttered while crouching beside her grandfather who sat on a foldable chair. She pressed a hand against her cheek, still watching the silver haired middle blocker. "Lev, is he new to volleyball by any chance?"

Naoi glanced at Nekomata then at the younger counterpart. "How'd you figure that out?" He was stunned at how accurate her predictions are just from observing him for less than 10 minutes.

"He's good, I'll give him that." She cocked her head to the side, "But his movements around the court make it seem he hadn't been doing this for a while." The whistle went off as it signalled the end of the set as well as the day for training. 

"You're right. He started playing volleyball in high school, but we couldn't take him to Golden Week because of it." Nekomata stated, standing up from his foldable chair. "It wouldn't hurt if you looked after him and gave him some tips." Doing the same, Y/N got out of her uncomfortable squatting position.

She scoffed with a grin, "Me? Give him tips when you have that kind of roster?" Y/N laughed as the Nekoma team came around to the bench to collect their belongings. "I'd rather let him watch and learn from the best." She claimed with a smirk lacing her features. 

He gave Y/N a hearty laugh, "Haha! You really are a piece of art." Nekomata nudged Naoi, "Reminds me of myself when I was in high school."

"Guess it runs in the family." Naoi scoffed.