3 - Problem Children

ELITE || エリート
CHAPTER THREE

ELITE || エリートCHAPTER THREE

•••

Daichi came back as the others formed a line, Y/N stood beside him, twisting the small bracelet she wore around her wrist that was paired with someone else. They had a matching one, Y/N assumed they probably forgot about her but she wouldn't forget them.

"Luckily, we're not in trouble." Daichi cleared up, "No apology necessary." The others let out a relieved exhale. "But we have to pretend we saw nothing."

Y/N kept a straight face as she twiddled around with the jewelry. The duo started bickering, again - Y/N probably thought that was the third or fourth time today. She soon grew tired of it and stepped in.

"Hey! Both of you shut it!" Y/N shouted, making everyone surprised, even Suga. "We don't know your motivation for coming to Karasuno, but it's pretty obvious you wanna win."

"Yes!"

"Obviously."

"You know Karasuno could compete with the best right? They even went to Nationals once." Daichi crossed his arms. Y/N recalled the memory of when Karasuno went to Nationals, her mother and her drove to the gym to watch Haru play.

"But these days, we're eighth in the prefecture." Y/N added. "We're not bad, but we're also not the best."

"And people talk." Daichi mentioned, "We've been called the fallen champs, the wingless crows. And Y/N knows how it feels."

"It sucks." She spat. "Being called a fallen angel, it sucks. Being clipped of the wings I once wore was terrible."

"So, lets go back one more time!" Daichi's eyes were filled with determination. (u see what i did there?)

"Nationals, huh? There's plenty of high schools that talk about going to Nationals. But that doesn't mean they'll go." Kageyama said.

Tanaka tried retorting but was cut off by his captain. "I know what you mean, but i'm dead serious." And he was. The aura that Y/N felt beside him was scary, like a force to be reckoned with.

"If we wanna get there, we gotta be a united team to do that." Y/N pressed her lips in a faint smile, in all honesty - it scared them because Daichi was walking towards the first year duo. Suga and Tanaka shifting away. "We're not telling you to be friends."

"You guys were enemies separated by a net. But let me get something inside your head. You're both on the same side of the net now and you need to make peace with that." Told Daichi. Y/N squirmed to her older cousin and the buzz-cut second year, knowing what was gonna happen. Daichi rested his hands on their shoulders, then giving them a really short lecture.