20 - Healing Wings

ELITE || エリート
CHAPTER TWENTY

ELITE || エリートCHAPTER  TWENTY

"SO, THE RUMOURS ARE TRUE. KARASUNO REALLY HAS HER."

nobody rlly has time for the first match so how abt we breeze through that one and quickly head into the date tech match?

---

With the whistle going off, one chorused sentence echoed through the whole gymnasium.

"Thank you for the game!"

The bowing of heads, shaking of hands to show respect to the referee's and opposing teams. The chant of Date Tech's support drowning out most of the other cheers.

(gO gO lEts Go, lEts gO daTekO)

"Now listen, it's the first game of the season. This would make anyone nervous enough to throw their game." Ukai announced to the semi-circle of boys surrounded around him.

"Our challenge is to shake off those nerves faster than they do!" Y/N piped out with her signature smile. "We need to start scoring with one point to get you guys fired up, which won't be long."

"I don't say this to flatter you guys. But you are all good. Karasuno has a great team. Let's show the entire stadium the Clipped Crows can fly once again!" The spec-wearing teacher said.

"Whoa! Take's makin' a big speech!" Noya chuckled.

"I'll bet anything that they're using that infamous nickname on us!" Tanaka crowed with a slight smirk.

"Then we'll say to them... "Observe! The old warhorse Karasuno is back!"." Takeda declared proudly. Y/N stifled a laugh to the side, making the teacher embarrassed. "A-Ah! Sorry, was that too poetic?"

Daichi reassured the teacher that it was okay.

"Hey, what's an old warhorse?" Hinata asked Kageyama.

"You think I know?" Kageyama replied to his freak-duo partner.

"Man, you guys are idiots." Y/N scoffed with a slight laugh. 'You start speaking english and they won't understand one word you're saying.'

"It basically means that we were strong once." Suga informed the two airheaded first years.

"Can we just focus on the game?!" Daichi complained.

The team gathered around in a circle, counting down they chorused with a loud; "Karasuno, fight!"

"Fight!!"

With the starting line-up taking their respective places on the court, the whispers from the opposing team started - like Y/N predicted.

"That little guy is their middle blocker?"