2

I woke up abruptly a few hours later to the ringtone of FaceTime. I knew who it was immediately as Dream was the only one capable of bypassing my dnd. I only have it set that way because his ADHD gets out of hand sometimes and needs someone to ground him. He's my go-to person to call when I start panicking, so we ground each other.

"What time is it?" I asked groggily, reaching over to click on my lamp.

"Eleven," he replied which caused me to groan.

"Is everything okay Dream?" I questioned, wanting to make sure he didn't wake me up for something serious before I complained about being woken up.

"No yeah."

"Why the fuck did I get woken up at four a.m. then?"

"Hop in vc," I glared at the camera, "Please?"

"What fucking vc?"

"vc 2," he responded. I would slap him if I was there in person.

"In what fucking server?"

"You know, that one...?"

"Sure," I replied, walking over to my setup. If he couldn't form the words now, chances are he wouldn't be able to tell me the server no matter how much I griped. It was obviously a server I was in, so I'd just look through all of the vc 2's until I found where Dream was sitting. Eventually I found it and joined without looking at the other names.

"Did you really wake me up just to chill out in vc?"

"You didn't tell me she was who you were calling," George suddenly spoke up, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Well I wouldn't have come if I knew he was here," I responded.

"Don't worry I'll leave!" George exclaimed, exiting the vc before I had the chance to reply.

"I really though that'd work," Karl said disappointedly.

"They're both too stubborn, I knew it wouldn't," Dream told him.

"Then why'd you try it for me?"

"Just to prove to you that it wouldn't work."

"Well at least George will get some sleep now," Quackity spoke up, who I didn't even realize was in this vc.

"So what were you idiots talking about?" I asked. I was already awake, so it'd take me at least an hour to get back to sleep. I might as well stay and chat for a bit.

"I don't even remember," Dream said.

"Just be friends with George, it's not that hard," Quackity said, though I could tell by the way he laughed afterwords that he wasn't completely serious about it.

"Listen guys, you can't just secretly get George and I in a vc together and expect us to magically become friends. We have issues with each other and to be honest, I don't know if George will ever get his head out of his ass and get over himself. He's too full of himself."

"Funny, he said the same about you," Karl added.

"Of course he did. I wouldn't expect any less from him."

"You got along that one time though," Quackity remarked, "Oh wait, never mind. I'm thinking of something else."

"I was gonna say..." I trailed off, "I just don't see it happening. Karl I'd give up like Dream and Bad have. I know you want everyone to get along but some people just aren't meant to be friends, you know?"

"So what, you're not meant to be friends, that doesn't mean you couldn't be something else."

"I'm going back to bed, goodnight guys."

I left the vc before that conversation could go any further. Bad and Dream used to pull schemes to get George and I together in hopes that we'd all of a sudden become best friends just by being at the same place at the same time. I applaud their efforts, but their minds must have been in a different universe to think that a friendship could be formed like that.

I scrolled through Twitter some, got frustrated when George was still all over my timeline, switched to TikTok, got even more irritated that only the George thirst traps from last night's stream and the clips of my reactions were the only things on my for you page, and promptly put my phone back on dnd.

It took a good hour of tossing, turning, throwing pillows around, and rearranging my body in every direction possible on my bed to get to sleep. At least I was finally able to get back to sleep.