11

iMessage

my bffl <3

can I come steal sweets

couldn't you just go to the store and get some??

you're closer than the store and I know you still have sweets in the drawer

it's been weeks since we went grocery shopping

what makes you think I havent eaten your sweets??

because you don't like chocolate

shit I told you that?

so ill be over in 20? :)

whatever -_-

^_^

I looked to my right to see the pile of tied off garbage bags sitting by the front door that have accumulated over the past few weeks. I haven't taken the trash out since grocery shopping with George and that was three weeks ago or a little over three weeks ago. I still had plenty of groceries to last me, so I wouldn't need to take another trip to the store for a couple more weeks. I do only have cereal and frozen foods like chicken fries left. That will last me a bit though.

I groaned out loud and finally got myself off the couch for the day. Ever since I woke up hours ago, I'd been chilling on the sofa playing on my phone with a random vod on in the background. I've been really into putting Hannah Rose's bedwars vods on as background noise. She's become a comfort streamer of mine which is crazy since it's so easy for the two of us to cross paths.

As she talked in the distance, I tidied up my flat. You know, fixing the throw pillows on the couch, refolding the blanket, reordering the books on the coffee table, putting the remotes where they belong, finally putting the dried dishes away that have been sitting in the drying rack for days. Then, I went into the bedroom and started picking up the dirty laundry to put over a load.

Halfway through putting a load over, there was a knock on the door. George would be the only one knocking, so I shouted at the top of my lungs that the door was unlocked and to walk right in. I take it he heard me because the front door opened and closed seconds later. I closed the door to my washer and grabbed the laundry detergent from under the bathroom sink. George peaked his way into the bathroom as I was pouring the detergent into the washer drawer.

"Do you need me to take the garbage out?" George asked, snacking on some smarties.

"I'll get to it eventually," I responded, closing the washer drawer and starting the load.

"C'mon, let's go do it now," He smiled, then piled more smarties into his mouth.

I groaned but followed him out to the kitchen. He grabbed two bags, allowing me to grab the remaining bag that was on the floor. George started a conversation right away asking me about my art which distracted me from looking out in the hall to see if anyone was out there. The whole way to the garbage room I was talking to George about different blending techniques for graphite to which he seemed very intrigued by regardless of not being an artist.

"Is this what you usually do all day?" George asked. Hours had went by and we had just been chilling on opposite ends of the couch doing our own things with Hannah Rose still playing on the TV. George didn't seem to mind that I had been watching her vods.

"Yeah on my days off. I don't like streaming everyday, so I stream every other day and use the opposing days as a relaxing day. Or like these days would be free for if Wilbur or Niki or Tommy come visit or something."

"Do you ever get lonely?" He questioned, putting down his phone and giving me his full attention.

I shrugged. I didn't have family out here; they live in the country and absolutely hated the city. They never come visit and I didn't expect them to anyway. No one in my family agrees with the lifestyle I've chosen because they don't think this is a suitable job. You'd think that they'd support me and what I choose to do because I'm making good money, I'm happy, and I'm able to support myself fully, but nope. They're a very traditional family, wanted me to be a doctor. School just wasn't for me though.

The only friends I had were the ones I've made online, all my streamer friends. All of my friends from school all moved on to uni and got a traditional job. There was no time for us to hang out and we eventually just drifted. So I spent all of my days alone unless one of my streamer friends like Will came to visit, but that didn't happen often.

"I mean, sometimes, but Wilbur or Niki will visit sometimes."

"Yeah I get what you mean. I don't hang out with anybody really at all anymore except for you. I have coding or streaming or merch to keep me busy, but I think that's why I sleep so much. I get so bored when there's nothing to do and I feel so alone that I just sleep my days away until Dream or Sapnap or Quackity or someone is around to fill that void, you know?"

I nodded my head, shocked that he was opening up to me. Dream has said that he's a very closed off person and that he even struggles to get George to open up to him. Maybe it's because him and I can relate more that makes him more apt to open up to me. Dream has Sapnap, and hell, even Bad if he took a drive. I'm pretty sure Skeppy lives around there as well. If they really wanted to take a road trip, Karl.

I mean sure, we have all our U.K. friends, but Tommy has school, Tubbo's almost always streaming, working on merch, his song, talking to Ranboo, etc.. It's hard to find time to spend with that kid. Wilbur is always in the studio with his band, plus he's been streaming a bit more recently. Niki has classes as well and she's moving at the moment anyway. Surprisingly, Jack and I aren't as close so it'd feel weird hanging out with him one-on-one.

"You'd think we'd find stuff to do. We live like right in the city," I chuckled, hugging my legs to my chest.

"I just don't like leaving my house unless I'm with someone."

I didn't realize how similar George and I really were. Neither of us leave our home, we distract ourselves with different things until our friends are awake or around to fill our time.

"Yeah I'm the same way, as you've learned," I replied. It fell silent and I felt very awkward in the newfound silence and tried to conjure up a new topic but nothing was coming to mind. Normally with people like Dream, silence was welcomed. It felt weird with George, though.

"We should hang out more," George blurted and when I looked up, he even seemed shocked that those words just came out of his mouth.

"You'd want to?" I questioned, quirking my eyebrows.

"I mean, yeah sure. It's not because I like you or anything, but we both are always free and alone, you know?"

I nodded my head, "Oh yeah, definitely not because we like each other. I still very much hate you."

"Yeah same."

"Glad we're on the same page."

But deep in my mind, I wasn't sure we were on the same page anymore. I found myself enjoying time with George, even the awkward silence that made me uncomfortable. It did make me a bit anxious though that I didn't absolutely hate him anymore. Still, calling him my friend seemed far fetched. You can enjoy spending time with people without considering them friends, right?