23

Third Person POV

"Is that crazy?" George described his dilemma to Dream and Sapnap. He had just finished explaining that he may have feelings for Isla and proposed an idea of asking her out on a proper date or something.

"George are you sure that's a good idea?" Sapnap asked apprehensively.

Both Isla and George meant the world to him and he didn't want to see either get hurt. He wasn't sure where Isla's head was at in terms of George. Dream talked to her far more than he did. But he knew George had started really falling in love with Isla's personality and it'd be soul crushing if he got rejected. Everyone was enjoying the lack of fighting and actually being able to sit in a call with both of them. The friend group was thriving at the moment and Sapnap had a deep-seated fear that this would cause it to spiral out of control once again.

"I mean why wouldn't it be?" George asked, genuinely curious.

"I just don't wanna see Isla get hurt, George," Dream mumbled, his tone thought out carefully.

Dream was worried about them getting hurt, but not for the same reasons as Sapnap. George was moving in with Sapnap and him in Florida in a couple months time. Dream knew that George hadn't even told Isla yet and he knew it wasn't his place to tell her. Isla and George had gotten extremely close these past few months and Dream was afraid of Isla getting hurt. He knew she'd already feel hurt by George leaving, but if they started establishing romantic feelings? He didn't want to see Isla go through that.

"I really like her Dream. I wouldn't hurt her."

"It's not you I'm worried about. It's the things you can't control."

"What do you mean?"

"George you're moving to a whole 'nother country. You haven't even talked to Isla about it as friends, it's going to hurt like hell for her."

"I'm going to tell her."

"When?" Sapnap butted in.

"I just have to think of how to tell her. I mean, she knows I'm moving there eventually."

"Listen George, I know we can't control you. Isla really likes you. She appreciates you and your company and everything you do for her. Think about that before you make your next move."

"What would you guys do if you were in my position?"

"If...If I knew the girl I liked also liked me back, I'd want to do something about it before it's too late. I wouldn't want to look back in the future and regret what I never did..." Dream trailed off, "But George, be cautious of her feelings."

Dream saw Isla as a sister to him and he had an instinct to protect her.

"I'd never want to hurt her guys."

Sapnap changed the subject as he was getting stressed from talking about this. He wasn't the only one though. In the back of George's mind for the rest of the time he sat in voice call with his best friends, he couldn't stop thinking about what they said. George almost felt offended that Dream would even think he'd hurt Isla. The possibility that he could end up upsetting her made him want to throw up.

George planned what he was going to do next, so he wasn't really engaged much in their conversation. This was the first time he hasn't been at Isla's in awhile. She had a therapy appointment, so George decided to actually stay at home for once.

It felt odd to him, actually being in his own flat. It didn't feel like home, not in the same way Isla's flat had become. It was empty, not only emotionally, but physically as well. He had started packing his things up, only the items he hadn't used in forever. His fridge was nearly cleaned out of food as well as his cupboards; he just went to Isla's to eat or snack. It just didn't sit right with him being home. He felt as though he didn't belong.

With the sudden mood change, he decided to just head to bed. It wasn't too late in the night, but he had nothing better to do. Both Sapnap and Dream were discussing something about their house, making George feel even more isolated. Isla hadn't texted him at all today and he didn't blame her. Her therapy sessions were always heavy; he was aware she looked forward to the alone time after them. He wouldn't bother her.

"I'm gonna sleep I think," George mumbled, his knees pressed against his chest.

Dream picked up on the tone shift immediately. Instead of bringing attention to it, he decided to just text him after George left.

"Are you sure?" Sapnap asked, confused on how the boy was tired so early.

"Uh yeah. Goodnight."

And with that, George signed off on his computer. Seconds later, a text pinged on his phone from Dream asking if he was okay. He sent back a quick one worded message, not wanting to go into why he was upset. Part of him wasn't even completely sure why he was distraught.

He hated going to bed upset. George was so sensitive but he always tried to hide it from everyone. Dream seemed to be one of the only people who could see through every single bluff or lie George threw at him. Sometimes, George just wanted to be able to lie though, to hide his feelings and not be interrogated for them.

With a heavy heart and a muddled mind, he fell asleep that night with a tear soaked pillow. He was in his head the entire time he laid there in bed, waiting for sleep to consume him. George wished things didn't have to be so difficult in life. He wanted the best of both worlds, but knew you could only have one.