bonus chapter

Crazy how much things could change in a year. How a couple could go from extremely happy and safe, to saying goodbyes at the airport just before breaking up. You'd think it'd never happen to you but the reality is, life is so unexpected in the most terrifying way. Sadly for Isla and George, life didn't seem to work in their favor. At least not in that current moment a year ago. 

"Tommy unload the dishwasher!" Tubbo yelled from outside of Tommy's bedroom door as a joke. Tubbo, Ranboo, and Tommy all lived together in an apartment in Brighton and had been for a good six months now. It'd been a running joke between all the boys to yell at Tommy whenever he streams. You know, gotta give the fans some nostalgia from mother innit. 

"Fuck off! I'm streaming!" Tommy screamed back, leaving Ranboo and Tubbo to collapse to the ground in a fit of laughter. 

There was a knock on the door in that moment, so Ranboo and Tubbo raced to the front entrance. Despite Ranboo's size, Tubbo got there first. They both knew who it was and both were eager to see them. 

"Isla!" Tubbo cheered, jumping up and down from pure joy. 

"Tubs!" She mimicked his cheery attitude and stepped into the apartment. 

After George had left last year, Isla made it her mission to find her happiness without him. For so long, while they had gotten close, she found that she relied heavily on George. To take the garbage out, go grocery shopping, to just leaving her house in general. Though it was extremely hard, she had come a very long way from who she was a year ago. 

Once she spent a month sulking and trying her best to get over the breakup, she decided to move down to Brighton to be closer to her friends, figuring it'd help to have that kind of support. Wilbur and Niki helped her move into an apartment that was between each of there's only a few doors away. And a few months later, the three boys moved into the apartment directly below Isla. So that was fun. 

The amount of times that Tommy had come upstairs just to steal food was too many to count. Isla had an extra key to their place, and the same with the boys. It was easier that way as they spent a lot of time together. 

Meanwhile, George was enjoying his time in Florida. Neither of them handled the breakup well, though Isla moved on quicker than George did. It took a lot for Sapnap and Dream to get George out of that funk. As much as Dream didn't want to, he even debated calling Isla and buying a plane ticket for her himself. He knew the breakup on them was going to be hard, but he didn't think it'd knock George off his hinges for as long as it did. 

Both Isla and George wanted to reach out to each other, see how each person was. He loved and cared for her and found it hard to respect Isla's wishes of a break. Initially when she suggested the break, he thought it'd only be for a month or two just for them to adapt to their new lives. But two months turned into six, and next thing they knew they'd gone almost a whole year without speaking to each other. George still didn't have the heart to change Isla's contact name, so "lovey <3" stayed abandoned in his phone, traveling farther down his iMessage chats list. 

"Did you get Wilbur's text?" Ranboo asked Isla, joining her on the couch. 

"No," she responded, opening her phone to check it, "Dinner?"

"Yeah," Ranboo smiled, "Apparently a friend of his is here visiting so he wanted to have dinner with everyone and stuff."

"Oh that's fun. Do you know what friend?"

Ranboo shook his head, "Nope, I just know that it's gonna be Tommy, Tubbo, you, Niki, Wilbur, his friend, and me."

Isla nodded her head and laid down on the full length of the couch, using Ranboo's lap as a foot rest.